PDA

View Full Version : Need some help

Catlady
07-15-2013, 03:12 PM
I will be watching the satellite, for maybe 20 minutes and then the screen goes all white with a humming sound . I have to reboot ever time this happens . If I am lucky I might get a hour of a program before it does it again .
If I change the channel this will happen to . it has been doing this for the last couple of days .
I have tried everything I can think of . Changed the ports on my router plus the port from 20000 to 200050 , I have changed the three domain name still happens. I have rebooted from my computer and I have also done a factory reset still happens. I am starting to think it is the receiver .
Any help would be greatly appreciated .
Catlady

Anubis
07-15-2013, 04:02 PM
Sounds like a receiver issue to me. Are you still using the sonicview 4000? If so I can move your question there and you will probably get better feedback.

Catlady
07-15-2013, 07:48 PM
Yes Anubis I am . Thanks for the guidance.

Anubis
07-15-2013, 08:12 PM
I moved your thread.
Someone should be a long to help you trouble shoot.
Good luck.

It's Jafo
07-15-2013, 09:43 PM
Go to the file section and grab the "system clean" file and the "Factory bin" file.
If you don't know your sat settings, write them down now as you see it them in the menu.This process will erase everything.
Load the system clean file twice in a row.
Load the factory bin file followed by the current file for your box.
Redo your sat settings and scan for channels.

See if it helps your problem and let us know how it goes.

:)

bebe55
07-15-2013, 10:00 PM
Reboot you box

It's Jafo
07-16-2013, 12:15 AM
Reboot you box

Lol...I'm sure that will fix it. Wonder why we didn't think of that ourselves.

Oh wait... "I have to reboot ever time this happens ."

Humm..... seems he already tries that.

Or were you just joking ?

:)

Catlady
07-16-2013, 02:37 AM
Thanks Jafo
I did what you said and it ended up doing the same thing again within a minute .It was even more noisier this time. But I did have a extra sonicview 4000 box , in my office . I did what you wrote and it is working very good tonight .
So at least I am up and working tonight .
Thanks again for all the support guys
Catlady