PDA

View Full Version : Anybody getting Bev and Charlie in the same receiver?

francis.portugal767
07-17-2013, 04:34 PM
Is it even possible?

StanW
07-17-2013, 04:41 PM
All receivers can be setup for multiple satellites.

The majority of iks programs running newcamd protocol have provisions for multiple servers.

BanHammer
07-17-2013, 04:44 PM
yup. I've got both on the same receiver

francis.portugal767
07-17-2013, 04:58 PM
yup. I've got both on the same receiver
What's your receiver? Do you have a fixed dish or a motor? Thanks in advance.

dishuser
07-17-2013, 05:22 PM
What's your receiver? Do you have a fixed dish or a motor? Thanks in advance.
almost every receiver will do both at same time except for provider ird's using fixed dishes and switches

trucker
07-17-2013, 05:54 PM
i have a dreamlink hd and a salras getting both bev and dn on fix dish

Terryl
07-17-2013, 06:11 PM
For those looking to try this out:

82W and 91W are only available to those living within 150 to 200 miles of the US/Canadian border, (or there about) if your in Florida, Texas or California forget it.

Take a look at this foot print, if your way below it don't think about it, if your close to it, (50 miles or so) you may need a real big dish to get them.

http://www.satbeams.com/footprints?norad=33373

francis.portugal767
07-17-2013, 07:48 PM
That's also good strategy against ecms. Bev and Charlie probably don't launch ecms at the same time, so you guys have tv all the time. Good deal! I just feel sorry for Americans having to deal with Canadian simsubbing. Simsubbing is the reason I did not consider getting Bev service in the first place. Other than that Bev service is decent.

Anubis
07-17-2013, 08:03 PM
That's also good strategy against ecms. Bev and Charlie probably don't launch ecms at the same time, so you guys have tv all the time. Good deal! I just feel sorry for Americans having to deal with Canadian simsubbing. Simsubbing is the reason I did not consider getting Bev service in the first place. Other than that Bev service is decent.

Bev doesn't launch ecm's period.

StanW
07-17-2013, 08:20 PM
What's good strategy against ecm ? .... so no simsubbing for you but and worry about getting a dn letter in canada .lol

francis.portugal767
07-17-2013, 09:13 PM
What's good strategy against ecm ? .... so no simsubbing for you but and worry about getting a dn letter in canada .lol

It is technically illegal even to be a regular subscriber to DN here in Canada. How can they send you a letter complaining you are stealing a service they can't provide? It is more likely that Bev would come after Canadians with IKS, regardless of the original signal source, since they have copyrights to what you are watching.

StanW
07-17-2013, 09:18 PM
It is technically illegal even to be a regular subscriber to DN here in Canada. How can they send you a letter complaining you are stealing a service they can't provide? It is more likely that Bev would come after Canadians with IKS, regardless of the original signal source, since they have copyrights to what you are watching.
You have a lot of reading ahead of you ( basing this on your posts) . Satellite signal piracy is covered by international treaties. So they can - do they want to or is it worth their time at the present is another story.

francis.portugal767
07-17-2013, 09:24 PM
You have a lot of reading ahead of you ( basing this on your posts) . Satellite signal piracy is covered by international treaties. So they can - do they want to or is it worth their time at the present is another story.

I have heard that before. But after the Snowden episode, I don't think any US citizen or corporation would make this argument fly in any court outside of the United States. It is called reciprocity.

francis.portugal767
07-17-2013, 09:43 PM
I have heard that before. But after the Snowden episode, I don't think any US citizen or corporation would make this argument fly in any court outside of the United States. It is called reciprocity.

Having said that, I don't think IKS is safe anywhere. It is particularly not safe in North America.

KIDWCKED
07-17-2013, 09:52 PM
Having said that, I don't think IKS is safe anywhere. It is particularly not safe in North America.

why did you even bother starting this thread.....your completely off topic now...lol...hijack....lol...

francis.portugal767
07-17-2013, 09:59 PM
The thread was of value until comment #9. Mods please close this thread.

dishuser
07-17-2013, 10:04 PM

post #9 is true so why is not of any value?

KIDWCKED
07-17-2013, 10:13 PM

lol.....shud have been closed when u completely hijacked it with unadmissable biased opinions...by the sounds of it u already knew the anwser to the original thread topic...so where do u go from here??

francis.portugal767
07-17-2013, 10:15 PM
post #9 is true so why is not of any value?
I apologize to you. Let me correct myself. It was on track until post #10. All posts have value. Mods please close the thread.

dishuser
07-17-2013, 10:17 PM
I apologize to you. Let me correct myself. It was on track until post #10. All posts have value. Mods please close the thread.you took it off track