PDA

View Full Version : Time identified

ftastudent2
07-27-2013, 11:29 PM
It would be helpful if the server time was shown on the index page (opening page) so that those in other time zones would know the differential when checking out posts. This would be especially helpful when checking out up/down threads.

dishuser
07-27-2013, 11:32 PM
It would be helpful if the server time was shown on the index page (opening page) so that those in other time zones would know the differential when checking out posts. This would be especially helpful when checking out up/down threads.
lol
the time a post shows is your current time not the time of the poster

Terryl
07-27-2013, 11:33 PM
Good idea but that would make it that much easier for the providers to find and shut down the card servers.

StanW
07-27-2013, 11:34 PM
lol
... that english ? lol

dishuser
07-27-2013, 11:36 PM
... that english ? lol
yup
I know you have a hard time understanding it...lol

ftastudent2
07-28-2013, 01:07 AM
lol
HUH. My time now is 9:00pm and my post was much earlier. Your comment does not compute and is why server time would be relevant.

ftastudent2
07-28-2013, 01:10 AM
Good idea but that would make it that much easier for the providers to find and shut down the card servers.
If the card servers have the same IP or even the same subnet then tracing from the forums post would be easy. I have traced a forum , this is easy and am a computer illiterate by today's standards. Whois is your friend and perhaps your enemy. The forums server was probably in Iceland or at least on that time zone. Check and only Iceland inhabits that time zone. Also found one in Ethiopia. Who would run a server in Africa, probably was DNS forwarded and masked.

StanW
07-28-2013, 01:12 AM
HUH. My time now is 9:00pm and my post was much earlier. Your comment does not compute and is why server time would be relevant.
Look in your settings - unless you change the time zone offset when registering it will set it to whatever ( probably linked to your ip address) . Make sure that the time zone is set correctly in your settings.

dishuser
07-28-2013, 01:16 AM

my post is correct
at the bottom of every page