PDA

View Full Version : new i link HD 9800SE

smallyjohnson
08-08-2013, 11:38 PM
a close friend has just gotten one of the new hd9800SE units I will let you know what I have observed . after a initial fact default he loaded V279 file let it reboot then fact defaulted again it was a little different than we have had in past in the set up. especially the network with the wireless adapter sent with unit. it took a while to actually start scanning but once it did it had no issues finding ALL available channels . also note it seems like the STB is smart as to what type LNB and the switch position when you open menu to set your bird it was all correct info with nothing needed to be entered. this was a virgin unit straight from the box. has been powered continually for the past 24 hrs with NO HEAT ISSUE . the scan did pick up all channels avail on 110/119/129 HOWEVER they are not in sort by SID neither of us can find anywhere in menu for that to happen. the audio is OUTSTANDING and the video is VERY GOOD it is hooked to a vizio 42 lcd and the picture rivals the SV 8000 HD . we toggled back and forth between them ....the audio hands down wins on this unit . the only real drawback is the channel sorting . we are probably just to novice to figure it out ..and one last thing to note is it is mfg. in KOREA

smallyjohnson
08-11-2013, 11:37 AM
UPDATE channel sorting issue has been resolved thanks to "relentless" from another site .. the fix is like this>press "sat" button>select "echo package">select "sort">select "service ID"> exit out ..wala problem solved