PDA

View Full Version : Pinwheel Hd Pro version review

sg2100
08-11-2013, 01:17 AM
After some extensive testing today I managed to get my motor and setup running quite well , I do love the quality of the picture it produces on both sd and hd resolution , although there were some oddities while setting it up I figured out that there were a couple different ways of setting up sats and scanning which threw me off ,

I would setup each sat within motor settings screen once all usals settings were reached i would select store settings . on the bottom right corner it will say start search . this is where i learned of some different ways to scan , if i had 5 sats setup , i could actually get the unit to scan all of them one by one rather than each one at a time .

I must say the guide needs a serious overhaul as only some channels sporadically show epg and if any its 2 hrs at most , even on the most common epg channels like 239 would,not populate . I am hoping this gets looked at soon .

I have tried some of the neat Net features like shoutcast and rss newsfeed , nice to have everything in one box , I decided not to spend the extra $$$ for the iptv and vod service as most of this service is not fully functional at this time . The Vlc streaming option is really nifty as I can take my laptop out back or on the deck and whatever is on the sat on whatever channel i can watch it elsewhere and not miss a beat

As for power supply for unit , it is external , but the box does heat up quite abit , I simply added an arctic cooler fan to the underside of the unit as the fan runs 24/7 .

Pvr tests proove that this area is of some concern , I used a flash drive 16 gig and a couple larger drives , recorded some shows and playback has issues , black box pops up sais , end of file nothing is playing even though hard drive light flickers , than returning to tv , takes sometime as it gets stuck in pvr mode and needs a reboot to resolve . Deleting recorded programs also wont delete . This area will need improvement !

Scanning timing is roughly 6 minutes per sat .

when unit is in standby , you also have an option for Deep standby which is longer to boot and load up . also for all the clock fans , when its off Time does display 24hr or standard time .

This is also the first box that has no rear shut off switch , you just unplug the adapter if you want hard kill off .

Sat down to watch some tv last night , flipped on the box and tried to change the channel , I get a message box popping up telling me , " you are not permitted to change the channel " i rebooted the box and same thing again , I had to FD the box and rescan all sats .. what a pain in the butt Definatly some bugs in this software , I am hoping they see these comments and produce another set of Files to fix some issues .

rohin123
08-11-2013, 03:19 AM
how is the picture quality... Did you test anything Hd? I had some questions about iks on the reciever before buying one and was wondering if you mind If i PM'ed you? (as i'm not sure that iks questions are allowed in the forum or not)

AeonFlux
08-11-2013, 11:59 AM
How about HD picture from the A/V outputs? I have whole house TV distribution system so each box gets a UHF channel. So I can view any box from any TV in the house. My Jynxbox does a seriously nice job of showing HD channels on the A/V. In fact, the channels look almost HD quality. Dreamlink does very nice job of this too. My old NFusion seriously sucks at the same job. How this box does? Good job of this? or not?

How get your servers entered? Where did you pick up the newcamd 9999 to edit servers? Server entry easy? All info shows>

sg2100
08-11-2013, 12:22 PM
How about HD picture from the A/V outputs? I have whole house TV distribution system so each box gets a UHF channel. So I can view any box from any TV in the house. My Jynxbox does a seriously nice job of showing HD channels on the A/V. In fact, the channels look almost HD quality. Dreamlink does very nice job of this too. My old NFusion seriously sucks at the same job. How this box does? Good job of this? or not?

How get your servers entered? Where did you pick up the newcamd 9999 to edit servers? Server entry easy? All info shows>

All of my units run Via hdmi , and i have not used av jacks in sometime all my hdmi run through my reciever than to tv. The HD has a crisp colourful true Hd pic to my eye , and i am watching it on a 55" led toshiba . I have a dreamlink in which i have set aside to test out this unit , the only real downside so far is lack of Guide , or as i would say Wife friendly she came down looked for a show to watch and said i cant see whats on ...what gives ?.. this sucks . but thats a wifes perspective on fta if no guide its no good . lol.. The servers area is quite nice , easy to use and typing box is nice to work with and putting on a server is as easy as turning it on or off , the Northern side has its own newcamd nimq spot to enter info , but working with this area i find much better than dreamlink . and I am a big DL fan . And the info shows only when you select yellow key on remote to edit the info .
9999 is code to enter area to modify your stuff , and while your in there you can your entry code too .under admin section .

There is an active spdif port too , but most of the sound is carried via hdmi. There is much more testing to be done .

mars25
08-11-2013, 06:44 PM
Another site has the following info:

"due to high number of legal problem, the public versions (PRO, and IPTV) are NOT available for USA market. The public system will NOT work inside USA! So if you want to test PINWHEEL HD inside USA, we encourage you to only purchase MINI version!"

How did you find a Pro version?!!!

Nostradamus
08-11-2013, 06:54 PM
Duh maybe he is not in the US... there ar other countries able to hit DN birds as well

mars25
08-11-2013, 07:31 PM
Duh maybe he is not in the US... there ar other countries able to hit DN birds as well

First read and understand before you judge

It obviously applies in Canada as well, that's why Leesatt sells only mini. It is not private server issues with Charlie or Beverly which mini can support, it may be some other issues for Pro and IPTV+VOD. It seems he is not in Mexico or Caribbean either since he talks about North since North is spot beam can come only 150-200 miles south

crazy carl
08-11-2013, 08:24 PM
Thanks for the review Sg a good read indeed. From the pictures I have seen I would be inclined not to purchase the iptv/vod service as well as it seems from a few pictures that it is prominently international channels that are appearing which is more then fine and would appeal to many audiences who want the best of both worlds. VOD still has me thinking a bit as far as if its done properly how much i would utilize and use it. It all depends on how they go about it and what is there and what you can few. I would be very interested however to know what the difference internal wise between the Hd pro and the Pro plus iptv/vod. I have a hunch that if we cracked these cases open that you might only be an image load away. A good working epg is normally what most are looking for now and like you said before its the first image they have come up with only time will tell what will come support wise. I applaud you for taking the leap for many as a tester good sir.

Happy testing

Nostradamus
08-17-2013, 04:52 AM
First read and understand before you judge

It obviously applies in Canada as well, that's why Leesatt sells only mini. It is not private server issues with Charlie or Beverly which mini can support, it may be some other issues for Pro and IPTV+VOD. It seems he is not in Mexico or Caribbean either since he talks about North since North is spot beam can come only 150-200 miles south

it doesn't obviously apply to Canada or the pinwheel guys would have stated that as well. There could be any number of reasons why Leesatt has opted to only deal with one model instead of all of them. Some people read too much into things and others do not comprehend anything

moneybags
08-17-2013, 05:18 AM
it doesn't obviously apply to Canada or the pinwheel guys would have stated that as well. There could be any number of reasons why Leesatt has opted to only deal with one model instead of all of them. Some people read too much into things and others do not comprehend anything

I was talking to him tonight as to why he would not sell the other 2 is because if they drop public everyone that got one for public would cry if they stop public that's what I was told hopes this will help anyone out

fta4me
08-17-2013, 05:54 AM
I was talking to him tonight as to why he would not sell the other 2 is because if they drop public everyone that got one for public would cry if they stop public that's what I was told hopes this will help anyone out

we all know how public works.. no guarantees with anything..

the good thing is that pro and iptv+vod still has private system as well..

just load your private favorite ps and off you go..

no need to worry that your investment will die off..

if public is down, use private.. if private is down, and public is up..

best of both worlds i guess

heck public is free

lol

moneybags
08-17-2013, 05:58 AM

heck public is free

lol
That's right just save some money

mars25
08-18-2013, 12:21 AM

Every new box used to have public server. Then public server's got discontinued for those boxes, everyone who had those boxes had to subscribe to private, all sat forums were complaining made their money so they don't care etc.

Then new boxes introduced never offered public server in the first place - not just in U.S, but in Canada as well. Satellite shops in Canada are not comfortable selling boxes that provide even just Charlie public support, that's what I gather from two shop owners.

It does not mean that few shops will not sell them, but highly unlikely most of them will sell them.

Nostradamus
08-18-2013, 12:41 AM
a public server is like dangling a carrot in front of a horse. that shouldn't be a key selling point to make a sale, in fact, it shouldn't be any type of selling point. all it accomplishes is give the whining masses one more thing to moan about when they can't find a $ server hosting the same channels

fta4me
08-18-2013, 12:44 AM
Every new box used to have public server. Then public server's got discontinued for those boxes, everyone who had those boxes had to subscribe to private, all sat forums were complaining made their money so they don't care etc.

Then new boxes introduced never offered public server in the first place - not just in U.S, but in Canada as well. Satellite shops in Canada are not comfortable selling boxes that provide even just Charlie public support, that's what I gather from two shop owners.

It does not mean that few shops will not sell them, but highly unlikely most of them will sell them.

that logic is not complete

if you carry pro model or iptv model on your retail store shelf. 100% of time, the box is NOT READY to GO!\

the dealer i got him from sells all 3

he said

pro / mini / iptv all are sold as only media player ...dvb s-2 tuner and 8psk and just hardware

it's the end user that is doing the "modifications" with dvbs2 tuner and the binary

it's no difference then end user getting a ps code from a website and entering

if pro and iptv was illegal, i am sure it's wouldn't even get through customs

the boxes are 100% legal if sold as a media player.. i am sure no retailer puts the tuner in and puts the binary and sells as "ready to go - free tv" fta boxes

hth

mars25
08-18-2013, 12:47 AM

heck public is free

lol

Sure you meant Private as well. When public stopped the same boxes could be used for private, the same situation unlikley to be true for IPTV, if they stop support as it stands now. IPTV is so tied to hardware sales, there is no hardware independent sub to IPTV service as of now.

dishuser
08-18-2013, 12:47 AM
that logic is not complete

if you carry pro model or iptv model on your retail store shelf. 100% of time, the box is NOT READY to GO!\

the dealer i got him from sells all 3

he said

pro / mini / iptv all are sold as only media player ...dvb s-2 tuner and 8psk and just hardware

it's the end user that is doing the "modifications" with dvbs2 tuner and the binary

it's no difference then end user getting a ps code from a website and entering

if pro and iptv was illegal, i am sure it's wouldn't even get through customs

the boxes are 100% legal if sold as a media player.. i am sure no retailer puts the tuner in and puts the binary and sells as "ready to go - free tv" fta boxes

hth
think again
the dealer mentioned in this thread not only does that but sells boxes on kijiji with an nfps code

fta4me
08-18-2013, 12:50 AM
i don't know if it has private iptv.. dont know how that would work either..

apps show a nplayer application that you can define your own iptv streams and play them

i haven't been able to find any http/rtp/udp stream to test

fta4me
08-18-2013, 12:56 AM
think again
the dealer mentioned in this thread not only does that but sells boxes on kijiji with an nfps code

lol

go to kijiji
select toronto
search for "dishnetwork" or "satellite programming" and you will be surpirsed

it's like a flea market for codes
lol

as far as iptv goes
tones of iptv devices are sold

my opinon is that this pro/iptv is as illegal after modification as you isntalling xbmc on appletv and watch free copyright material

u be the judge

dishuser
08-18-2013, 01:07 AM
lol

go to kijiji
select toronto
search for "dishnetwork" or "satellite programming" and you will be surpirsed

it's like a flea market for codes
lol

as far as iptv goes
tones of iptv devices are sold

my opinon is that this pro/iptv is as illegal after modification as you isntalling xbmc on appletv and watch free copyright material

u be the judge
really?
was it me who said no dealer installs the tuner/module?
why would I need to search?
it was me who enlightened you...lol

mars25
08-18-2013, 02:08 AM
think again

Only LeeSatt was mentioned in the thread, didn't find them selling on kijiji with nfps code under that name

really?
was it me who said no dealer installs the tuner/module?
why would I need to search?
it was me who enlightened you...lol

When HD receivers first came could buy only boxes in store, but HD modules could be bought only online. Now can get HD modules from shops itself.

Have things changed does any true fta HD channels need turbo 8psk HD modules or they found it was not problematic, I do not know

dishuser
08-18-2013, 02:22 AM
he was selling dreamboxes and nano2's with year support on hamilton kijiji
also if you read as much as I do you'll find posts where dreamlinks were coming sk200's installed
Only LeeSatt was mentioned in the thread, didn't find them selling on kijiji with nfps code under that name

When HD receivers first came could buy only boxes in store, but HD modules could be bought only online. Now can get HD modules from shops itself.

Have things changed does any true fta HD channels need turbo 8psk HD modules or they found it was not problematic, I do not know

fta4me
08-18-2013, 02:31 AM
also if you read as much as I do you'll find posts where dreamlinks were coming sk200's installed

9421 is free to air turbo 8psk fec
Velocity truefta

As long as its true fta
Its legal

dishuser
08-18-2013, 02:35 AM
Velocity truefta

As long as its true fta
Its legalare you drunk?
seriously

mars25
08-18-2013, 02:38 AM

It was different time frame when HD's came Sonic View, Viewsat etc. HD modules were available only online

Dreamkinks have seen ad's mentioning with sk200's, LeeSatt's ad says sk 200 installed and tested, does not mention at factory or by the dealer, though it implies dealer since they mention testing. However it is secondary issue, primary is it is in a different timeframe altogether.

mars25
08-18-2013, 02:55 AM
Velocity truefta

As long as its true fta
Its legal
May be left open temporarily

El_Puerco
10-30-2013, 06:29 PM
due to high number of legal problem, the public versions (PRO, and IPTV) are NOT available for USA market. The public system will NOT work inside USA! So if you want to test PINWHEEL HD inside USA, it is encouraged you to only purchase MINI version! HD Pro..

Any true on this...:innocent:

teamwork000
10-30-2013, 07:11 PM
C&P from the last update..... Bolded the relevance to this thread...

PINWHEEL HD IPTV File 3rd party Linux Image 2.7
// PINWHEEL HD IPTV file 2.7 (3rd party)

version: 2.7

Changelog for 2.7

1 - Fixed major internal bugs that were introduced in 2.5/2.51/2.6! Please note that 2.7 has now been thoroughly tested again and is a very best stable release as of now!

During the development of 2.5, 2.51, and 2.6 we had used new compiling tree structure therefore causing some random internal bugs which are fixed in 2.7.

You will find 2.7 as stable as 2.0 - 2.4 and it has all the features up to 2.6!

We highly recommend using 2.7 especially if you are using 2.5, 2.51, or 2.6

2 - Due to high demand, we now have removed the USA region restrictions from IPTV and Pro models

Our USA customers can enjoy the PRO, and IPTV+VOD models as well
Mini = Private only
Pro = Private + Free Public
IPTV+VOD = Private + Free Public + Free Public IPTV

All 3 models (mini, pro and iptv can be used in usa)
size: 22.33 MB
type: .udf
system database format: .db
server database format: .dat
channel/message server database format: .msg
linux image type: 3rd party unofficial (not factory)

notes:

allows you to use private system using newcamd protocol - image is preconfigured with a public system + public iptv, however you are able to install your own private system as well

- For charlie use : NEWCAMD
- For beaver use: NEWCAMD_NIMQ

Default parental lock pin : 0000
Default server list pin: 9999
VLC streaming ip:

Code:

hxxp://boxip:9000

apps: weather, irc, http/udp/rtp player, shoutcast, rss feeds, photo viewer, mp3 player, vlc stream player

*how to install*

download zip file
extract zip file
load the .udf file on usb stick
insert usb stick into box (front or back)
go to Menu ==> SW/Update ==> GREEN button for update
Select the first option that will display your usb stick name
Press OK on file name and wait for it to finish (DO NOT unplug or remove usb stick from stb, as this could make the unit inoperable)

Since the file is over 22MB and is a linux image, it will take about 1 min. to erase the FLASH which will display as

"E" on the front panel

after that it will take about 2 mins. to Write the file displaying

"U" on the front panel

When upgrade is complete, "DONE" will be displayed on the front panel, simply use the remote press the power on/off and it will boot into the 3rd party linux image.

Your box is ready for use with 3rd party private linux image

// end of description

mine4
10-30-2013, 11:22 PM
as stated in another post l CAN NOT get 2.7 working it rolls & rolls ,l did everything was told nothing works , 2.6 does. l do'n want to run into problem down the road with another thats why l want it to work now with 2.7

benfica
10-30-2013, 11:30 PM
as stated in another post l CAN NOT get 2.7 working it rolls & rolls ,l did everything was told nothing works , 2.6 does. l do'n want to run into problem down the road with another thats why l want it to work now with 2.7
If 2.7 gives the rolling screen on u please avoid the file ...Pwheel Team are aware for sure, lets just wait for a file release !

benfica
10-31-2013, 12:42 PM
Friend try 2.8...

jventur9
10-31-2013, 04:50 PM
is this file 2.8 good for the iptv hd also.
thanks

benfica
10-31-2013, 05:01 PM
Yes...test and report ....

jventur9
10-31-2013, 05:47 PM
benfica when I install file 2.8 my ipt disappear from the menu. and when I go to weather the receiver reboots like before.

benfica
10-31-2013, 06:07 PM
Juve...iptv file wasnt released...Are you using one of the 2 files on ur iptv/hd box ?
Pro and mini have no iptv ....

Just edited weather app location and all was good
V format has been good...no need to do it ...Good file !!!

jventur9
10-31-2013, 06:21 PM
I was using 2.7.
I reinstall the 2.7 iptv is back..did you notice they replace the benfica channel with the Brazilian channel globo

benfica
10-31-2013, 06:43 PM
Still in baby stage, all been tested, bet u once all available we will told Iptv is finallized until then just test :)

whoknows
11-01-2013, 01:16 AM
I noticed one of the posters was having a problem with remote not working or getting a message saying you can't change channels. Not necessary to reload and rescan. Simply hit the ok button and then hit the red button for sort. All will be good.

riverman
11-01-2013, 03:41 AM
[QUOTE=whoknows;1007876]boxip:9000 does not work for me to download 2.8. It's ok as 2.7 is good with me.

go here to download the file XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
not boxip:9000

whoknows
11-01-2013, 11:44 AM
[QUOTE=whoknows;1007876]boxip:9000 does not work for me to download 2.8. It's ok as 2.7 is good with me.

go here to download the file XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
not boxip:9000

Yes thanks river man. I realized my mistake and edited my post so it wouldn't confuse anyone.