PDA

View Full Version : Lex Luger Talks Appearing on First Nitro, Finding Religion, More

ironworks
08-17-2013, 05:40 PM
- Lex Luger was interviewed by Dean Puckering and Chris Dutton of TheWrestlingmania.com. Here are some highlights:

If he was told he was winning the WWE Championship at WrestleMania 10:
"Contrary to what people believe, I was never told I was going to be given any kind of title. The only discussion me and Vince [McMahon] had was what to do with the Lex Luger character in the future if he DID decide to put the title on me. But no, I was never told I'd be WWF Champion at any point."

Appearing on the first WCW Nitro:
"On reflection, that was a pretty bad move by me. Me and Vince had a verbal agreement. I worked for him for 6 months without any sort of contract as my contract had expired. My mistake came when WCW signed me. I didn't get to have a conversation with Vince to tell him I'd be leaving. But that was 100% my fault."

Finding religion:
"I feel wonderful now. I got to a point in my life where I realized that God is God and I'm not. I was beneath rock bottom but for whatever reason God put people in my life and he showed me the way. A very supernatural experience and that's the only way I can put it."

- Lex Luger was interviewed by Dean Puckering and Chris Dutton of TheWrestlingmania.com. Here are some highlights:

If he was told he was winning the WWE Championship at WrestleMania 10:
"Contrary to what people believe, I was never told I was going to be given any kind of title. The only discussion me and Vince [McMahon] had was what to do with the Lex Luger character in the future if he DID decide to put the title on me. But no, I was never told I'd be WWF Champion at any point."

Appearing on the first WCW Nitro:
"On reflection, that was a pretty bad move by me. Me and Vince had a verbal agreement. I worked for him for 6 months without any sort of contract as my contract had expired. My mistake came when WCW signed me. I didn't get to have a conversation with Vince to tell him I'd be leaving. But that was 100% my fault."

Finding religion:
"I feel wonderful now. I got to a point in my life where I realized that God is God and I'm not. I was beneath rock bottom but for whatever reason God put people in my life and he showed me the way. A very supernatural experience and that's the only way I can put it."