PDA

View Full Version : need help how to manually add north american birds to x5

crazymexkian
08-19-2013, 04:07 AM
hi can someone please guide me on how to manually add north american birds to x5. thanks

Terryl
08-19-2013, 04:21 AM
What birds, type(s) of LNB(s), what switch (if any) are you using, are you using a motor?

Once I know that I can help.

jvvh5897
08-19-2013, 05:35 PM
In the openbox I had, I just overwrote the birds in the list with names that I wanted and corrected the longitude info, deleted the old TPs in the list and did a blind scan to find the active ones. It is not hard, takes a little time but not that much. I did not have to worry about motor though.

Terryl
08-19-2013, 05:51 PM
I had to delete ALL the Eastern based satellites, the first time I connected it to my motorized system it swung all the way East and burned out the motor controller, I had to buy a new motor, the supplier got a nasty letter from me.

I like the Google Earth app, it finds and enters your location, but the unit first tried to go to 0 degrees, that pooched my motor.

it's best to delete all the satellites first, then do your own.

And dont try someone elses satellite base, it can mess you up.

I can help him if I know what type(s) of LNB(s) and switch he has.

It's not that hard, just time consuming.

crazymexkian
08-25-2013, 08:48 PM
Terryl thanks for help

TurboPirate
08-25-2013, 11:20 PM
Just my 2 cents, finally the Sunplus chip got a channel editor that also edits the Sat and TP's list, check the file section. Turbo

Peachseed
09-02-2013, 05:02 PM
Just another 2 cents... When you are setting up your dish (with motor), manually move it to the east as far as you want it to move and set the limit in the motor...Same for the west limit...You can do this while you are checking the O degree and east-west signal strength...

Terryl
09-02-2013, 07:42 PM
And here is another 5 cents, these units come out of the box pre- programmed for Eastern satellites, (European data base) with this data base it will swing the motor (if connected to the system) full East looking for the first bird in the list, this causes a full hard stop on the motor.

IF you are going to use this box with a motorized system, you should delete ALL the satellites in the data base BEFORE you hook it to your motor.

I would first set your old receiver and motor to your reference or Due South satellite, then disconnect the motor from the system by using an "F" barrel connector, then connect your X5 to the system,erase the satellite data base and set and enter the data for the #1 satellite for your due South bird.

Then connect it to your router, go to the Google Earth app and find your location, enter this info (follow the instructions in the app) into the receiver, once this is done, go hook your motor back into the loop.

Using the USALS settings for each satellite you should be able to find every bird visible at your location. (with your dish and LNB setup)

Here is an example of my Due South satellite settings.

Satellite......................................... 121.0W EchoStar 9
LNB Frequency.................................9750/10600 (I use a Universal Linear LNB)
Transponder.....................................12 016/20000/V
22KHz............................................. Auto
LNB Power........................................On
Tone Burs Mode................................None
DiSEqC 1.0.......................................Disable
DiSEqC 1.1......................................Disable
Motor Type......................................USALS

Except for the Satellite name and transponder info, it will be the same for all satellites.