PDA

View Full Version : Setup/scan

daryld
08-28-2013, 02:52 PM
I'm hoping someone can help a buddy of mine. He has a mini, but no matter what setting he uses it won't scan correctly. I am hoping someone can advise as to settings. He has a Dish Pro lnb for 110/119 and a Dish Plus for 91. They go into a DPP44 switch as 119-1(A), 110-2(B) and 91-3(C). The mini will not scan well. It does not pick up many tp's, particularly on 119. When he hooks up his old stb it works/scans just fine. He put the sw from 8/21 on the mini, so it should be up to date. The only thing I could think of was his settings were wrong....help? Please?

fta4me
08-28-2013, 03:20 PM
Do u get signal and quality?

If yes

Try doing a manual scanscanner

daryld
08-28-2013, 03:37 PM
Do u get signal and quality?

If yes

Try doing a manual scanscanner

Yes, of course he has signal. It just doesn't scan as though the settings are correct and this mini has no manual scan setting. When you put in the settings for the sats it scans them all. Doing one at a time results in multiple scans of the same sat (ie: multiple same channels) I am convinced it is the settings, but no combination so far has worked well, with many missing channels, as I said, particularly on 119. Remember I said his other stb works just fine when put in place of the mini.

daryld
08-28-2013, 03:57 PM
I would add that even though some channels scan on 119 when he goes to those channels they show no signal. Hooking up a different stb immediately brings a picture in on the channel that showed no signal on his mini.

fta4me
08-28-2013, 04:11 PM
Yes, of course he has signal. It just doesn't scan as though the settings are correct and this mini has no manual scan setting. When you put in the settings for the sats it scans them all. Doing one at a time results in multiple scans of the same sat (ie: multiple same channels) I am convinced it is the settings, but no combination so far has worked well, with many missing channels, as I said, particularly on 119. Remember I said his other stb works just fine when put in place of the mini.

Hmm
Go to search

Choose manual from top and type the tp

For 1 single sat

Go to auto
Tuner 1
Sat = 119
Search

daryld
08-28-2013, 04:45 PM
Hmm
Go to search

There is no menu item "search"

Choose manual from top and type the tp

there is no (that I can find) "manual" setting

For 1 single sat

Go to auto
Tuner 1
Sat = 119
Search

I am not sure we are looking at the same stb....

fta4me
08-28-2013, 07:20 PM
which file have you loaded ?

System > Channel Scan >

Mode Auto or Manual
Tuner All or Tuner 1
Changing To Tuner 1 Will bring another option under it Called Satellite Name

daryld
08-28-2013, 08:34 PM

System > Channel Scan >

Mode Auto or Manual
Tuner All or Tuner 1

v 2.2 file
I can find various tp's and channels, but they read no signal. I can reeive many ch's, though, but 119 is particulalry bad on this stb. Before I can get into the "Channel Scan" menu I have to program the settings into the sat. That is where I suspect the problem is....or else the sw.....

daryld
08-28-2013, 08:40 PM

System > Channel Scan >

Mode Auto or Manual
Tuner All or Tuner 1

v 2.2 file
I can find various tp's and channels, but they read no signal. I can reeive many ch's, though, but 119 is particulalry bad on this stb. Before I can get into the "Channel Scan" menu I have to program the settings into the sat. That is where I suspect the problem is....or else the sw.....

daryld
08-28-2013, 08:42 PM
Possibly this stb doesn't play well with his DPP44 switch...I know the Jynxbox was perpetually a problem with a DPP44....and yes, the DPP44 has it's own power supply, not relying on any stb.

fta4me
08-29-2013, 02:34 AM
v 2.2 file

Set up antenna as you would the other working stb and then try a mnual scan

daryld
08-29-2013, 10:21 AM
Set up antenna as you would the other working stb and then try a mnual scan

Thanks ftaforme, I know you're trying to help, but I have done this. The problem is either in the settings or the software. What I am hoping is that someone will either have suggestions for setting for the setup my buddy has as described in my original post OR that someone can confirm problems with the sw, at least on 119....anyone?

Ftauser
08-31-2013, 05:28 PM
I think it might be with the dp plus lnb. I have the triple lnb with 110 119 & 129. The 2.1 and 2.2 file could not locate 129 and only scans a few of the 119 channels. The 2.3 file, It only picked up about 130 channels total for all 3 sats. Had to go back to 2.2 file just to view. Also, my limesat picks them up just fine.