PDA

View Full Version : static sound coming from ilink

jigga_man411
08-29-2013, 06:33 PM
I have an ilink 9000+ for about 3 years but yesterday while i watching it i heard a crackling sound coming from the TV when i changed the channels so i rebooted the box ,this only made the noise worse so i rebooted again which made the box didn't boot up at all.I managed to get the box showing again but i have no audio, it just sounds like distortion and a lot of static.I factory reset,re-flashed using topsat loader and nothing worked,has anyone every encountered this issue and how can it be fixed.Any suggestions will help.

jvvh5897
08-29-2013, 08:50 PM
That is just NSA listening in.

OK, it is likely the power supply failing (well, it likely failed and that is why box will not boot). Open the box and measure the voltages on the power supply connection to main board--not the AC side BTW.

jigga_man411
08-29-2013, 09:58 PM
Will have to take it to the electrical guys tomorrow and see.how much is it supposed to be reading.should I just ask them for the voltage on the power supply connection to the main board or do I need more info.

jigga_man411
08-31-2013, 04:36 PM
I took out the power supply from another ilink and put it in mine and it worked,so I gathered that it was the power supply so I went to the parts store and had them change the 3 brown capacitors on the power supply,came home and hooked it up and it is working,thanks for the help