PDA

View Full Version : No Power

"QE"
08-31-2013, 04:47 PM
Just the other day my box just stopped working. It is not getting any power. When I flick the switch on the back nothing happens at all, it does not come on.

Is there anything I can do to try and fix this or is my box dead now, never to work again?

QE

Anubis
08-31-2013, 06:31 PM
Turn the switch on the back off then unplug unit. Let sit 10 mins and turn back on.
If nothing....

Disconnect all cables.
Plug unit into another outlet and see if it powers up.
If same result then power supply could be shot or a short in unit.
If it powers up then check plug in source.

"QE"
08-31-2013, 07:23 PM
I tried that and still nothing.

Thanks
QE

Nostradamus
08-31-2013, 08:18 PM
pull the module and see if it powers up

check for voltages on the output of supply

Terryl
08-31-2013, 09:23 PM
Was there any lightning storms in the area that day?

Did you have the unit plugged into a surge protector?

Does the unit use an external wall wart? (small cube plugged into the wall)

If the answer to the above is "No" then the internal power supply is pooched.

Open the unit (Only if it is out of warranty) and do this with it unplugged from the wall AC socket, look for the power supply board (a small board that has the AC power connected to it) there are several small cans, (they may be gray, blue or black) they should all have a flat top on them, if any are bulged out or domed up then they are bad.

This can be fixed it you have the stuff to do so, and know how to solder.

Warning......Do not touch anything inside on the power supply when it is plugged into the wall AC, it is a switching power supply, touching anything on the power supply board when it is plugged in will knock you out of your shoes and socks and throw you up against the wall, you will be discovered there lying in a smoking pile.

I AM NOT KIDDING....It will do that.

drgs
10-30-2013, 02:30 PM
Same thing happened to my unit. I just finally gave up on it.

Terryl
10-30-2013, 04:06 PM
Same thing happened to my unit. I just finally gave up on it.

What type and how many LNB's are you using?

Are you watching 82 and 91 (BEV) or 110,119,129 (Dish)?

scsa1000
11-02-2013, 01:04 AM
Does anyone know any place to buy a new power supply cord. I have the same problem except I know it was the power cord because it broke off the ends of the cord so I took it out. Thanks for any help. I just want a new cord.

bluenose2
11-10-2013, 01:25 AM
I had the same problem, unit seemed totally dead, I was ready to write it off. After I took off the RG6 cable on the receiver the sat worked again. It turned out to be a faulty switch on the cable line.

Terryl
11-10-2013, 02:24 AM
If you all are trying to run the 3 head LNB from dish (Dish 1000) your more then likely over taxing the power supply on your receiver.

The 3 head LNB from dish requires 650 mA to run right, the receiver can only supply 500 mA, you will eventually burn out or damage your receiver's power supply.