PDA

View Full Version : I am retiring

TPB
09-10-2013, 01:10 AM
I have been thinking about this for awhile now and have come to a decision.

I have been involved with this pool for 4 seasons now. It was contrived and originated with Dish Doctor and MSAV 4 years ago. MSAV had his life duties and went his way and so I had offered Dish Doctor some help in weekly operations. Dish went his own way following last season and I pretty much ran the pool on my own which I was more than happy to do.

Last season around this time, fix had made an announcement that they were closing it's doors. Later to announce its resurfacing. At that time we were just getting into the chase and I wasn't about to let the pool end on that note so I started Device Talk which later became Speedway Freaks. Most of you know this as most are already members there. We continued with the pool at that location and have run another full season of pools there this season as well.

Running two pools has taken away from important time with my wife and family and I have decided to focus solely on the one pool over at speedwayfreaks. The only reason being is that it had double the amount of participants and most were participants on both sides.

My decision has nothing to do with ill feeling toward anyone here. I love and have always loved the atmosphere at satfix and will continue to be a regular visitor despite not operating and overseeing the pool.

If you would like to see the pool continue next season and would like to look after it on a weekly basis, feel free to contact me and I will direct you to the proper authorities.

I would like to say a big thanks to Dish Doctor for his faith in me and his time he provided to show me the operation of the pool. I would also like to thank Pugs, TBD and the other fine admins for putting up with me each week thru the NASCAR season. The last 4 years have been a blast.

I would especially like to thank all of you and the opportunity i was given to make so many cool friends in an area where we all share the same passion.

Enjoy the rest of this season and the chase and good luck to all participants and may the best man win.

It has been a blast.

Mike

Condor
09-10-2013, 10:14 AM
I know all the racing fans appreciate all you have done "T".... Remember personal and "real life" comes first.. Again we thank you for all you did for all the racing fans... maybe somebody would like to take over????

mclovin
09-10-2013, 02:40 PM
Thanks Mike for all your hard work here bud as it was much appreciated.

darlinkat
09-10-2013, 02:47 PM
http://i1058.photobucket.com/albums/t404/diana123413/thank%20you/867b5733bff37de3413cfde75822e930_we.gif (http://s1058.photobucket.com/user/diana123413/media/thank%20you/867b5733bff37de3413cfde75822e930_we.gif.html)

Thanks for all your hard work with the Nascar Pool Mike
You are appreciated my friend

Wolf
09-10-2013, 06:30 PM
Thanks Buddy for all your hard work and you will be missed here. But I think we can all understand how much work goes into this besides running another site. Family and friends come first and all your efforts here have been greatly appreciated.
Take care my friend and I wish you the best!

Costactc
09-10-2013, 06:37 PM
Always a spot on gentelman Mike-Excellent job my friend.

Anubis
09-10-2013, 08:02 PM
Never did and never do participate in these pool things unless they have water in them but I have to say thanks for all the effort you went through to offer a pool for our great membership.:thumbsup:

KIDWCKED
09-10-2013, 11:15 PM
Dude ur an awsome human.........;)

pandr
09-13-2013, 04:30 PM
A Thanks for your all your time and hard work making the NASCAR Pool happen.
Won't be the same my friend.
Family time is to be cherished and enjoyed, as it should.
It has been a slice Mike. Enjoy bud. BT

anyonomus
09-13-2013, 10:47 PM
Like some others here.. I have never participated in any pool but I did notice that it takes one hell of a person to dedicate the time and effort to keep things rolling..U were that person for the past year or more on fix... However when it starts interfering with family life, it is time to do as u have done.. Pass the reigns and move on..
Class act my friend. I am sure anyone that wishes to follow the pool will see u at the other site. :)
God Bless you and yours and thanks for the dedication u have shown.
Any

Ineedanewusersname
09-15-2013, 03:02 PM
Thanks for all the time and dedication. I have, as well as many others, much appreciated it!

bimmerguy
09-15-2013, 03:41 PM
Thanks Mike. You just can't imagine how much we all appreciate you time and effort.