PDA

View Full Version : Help! Wifi Setup procedure.

dirtbikerr
09-22-2013, 02:32 AM
Need some help from you guys on how to setup my Jynxbox Android M3 media player. I am having some trouble finding the correct procedure on how to connect my jynxbox to my router wirelessly.

Bob Loblaw
09-22-2013, 02:20 PM
To connect wireless or wired you have to go into the settings menu (click the settings icon) and at the very top is the networking part. Clik the Wifi tab, make sure it is turned on (near the top right of the screen) press the scan word if no networks show up. Select teh desired wireless connection and fill in the password and connect. The Jynx should remember the settings you just used so the next time you turn on the box wifi will connect. To turn on Ethernet click the Ethernet tab and do your thing, don't forget to turn it on if you want to use it.
Hard wired is usually better for streaming on some setup depending on your wifi speed. The drawback of hardwired connection is a lot of apps won't update automatically, you have to have wifi enabled for that.
Good luck

dirtbikerr
09-23-2013, 01:16 AM
Thanks Bob for your reply. I still cannot find the wifi tab that tour mentioning. I attached some pictures showing how my jynxbox android screen looked like.

Bob Loblaw
09-23-2013, 03:53 PM
You are in the wrong place for the wifi. You are in the XBMC setup not the Android settings. Look on the main desktop for a settings icon and the you will see Wifi at the top of the next screen

I'm sorry I don't have a better camera

dirtbikerr
09-23-2013, 05:19 PM
How can I go to Android settings?

Bob Loblaw
09-23-2013, 07:24 PM
1 way would be to exit XBMC. On the bottom of the main screen in XBMC there is a exit button on the lower left of the screen, click it and then click exit in the middle of the screen. That will dump you to the Android launcher and then you can find the setting icon. It might not be on the same looking page as the picture, ther are six little boxes in the upper right corner of the screen, click those and it will bring up the apps menu, everything usable that is installed is listed here. Look for the setting icon and click it.
Another way to find it is in the Programs menu of XBMC, click on Programs in the main menu and look at the top choice in the next screen it should be Android Apps. If you click on that it will list the installed apps and you can scroll down to find settings and click on it.

dirtbikerr
09-24-2013, 02:48 AM
Still doesn't dump me into the Android Settings. I tried to turn it off using the lower left exit button then it just reboot my xbmc or shut it down because there is no option for "exit" command19705197061970719708. I have some pictures on what I did.

Bob Loblaw
09-24-2013, 03:19 PM
What firmware version are you using? You box boots directly to XBMC?
Have you tried the second method I mentioned?

dirtbikerr
09-25-2013, 01:08 AM
Yes, I tried both ways but still unlucky. What I have is Jynxbox Android HD 4GB.
I attached some pictures showing my Program menu and the box itself. Are there any other way to fix my problem?

Bob Loblaw
09-25-2013, 01:35 AM
What the screen shows is XBMC. I'm starting to think you might have a modified setup or the linux version installed. Are you able to connect to internet with the network cable plugged in?

dirtbikerr
09-25-2013, 02:31 AM
I have LINUX 2.6.34#1 version operating system.

Yes, I can connect to the internet via wired cable directly to my router/modem which is too far from my tv and jynxbox. I can't use a bridge because it gives me a static ip address only. That's the reason why I want to use my wifi.

Any other solution?

Bob Loblaw
09-25-2013, 01:49 PM
Why are you using a Linux only version of firmware? Did you load it yourself? Wifi should be working on the latest versions of the linux firmware. In the system menu under system there is a tab for internet. In that section is where there should be connection choice.
I don't have the linux version running so unfortunately I will have to bow out of this thread. There are updated linux images around that have a lot of bugs figured out from the first versions, here is the latest one from Geeksquad
http://www.4shared.com/file/AiccVrzH/Geeksquad8.html

dirtbikerr
09-25-2013, 02:14 PM
Thanks again. Yes, it was preloaded when I buy it. Is there any way way to bring back to factory settings for my Jynxbox Android?

Bob Loblaw
09-25-2013, 02:40 PM
YOu can download the latest firmware at either of these places
http://www.sendspace.com/file/hmd6ug or
http://www.4shared.com/rar/uvQOvchR/Jynxbox_Android_HD_mini_M3_201.html
Good luck