PDA

View Full Version : best hd rec?i

panmanzaa
09-24-2013, 01:29 PM
i really need a new h.d rec with a cat 5 ethernet &router hook up,i am at wits end.there has to be someone out there that knows whitch 1 i can get that has good private support, for a reasonal price...appr your help,please.:bawl:

zoogor
09-24-2013, 01:36 PM
i try to keep up on all receivers that come out and from whats out there now, i would go with the dreamlink. thats my personal favorite. theres even a new t5 coming out soon if not all ready from dreamlink. price is very good as well. thats my personal opinion. take it for what its worth. jynxbox aint bad either but i like dl better

lobsterpot
09-24-2013, 04:27 PM
I have to agree . I have dl hd and I got the new t4 sd as well. Never had any problems with the hd one and I have had it a long time. With that performance in mind , that was enough for me to try the t4. I needed a replacement for my freezing nano.

redrooster
09-28-2013, 11:42 PM
i really need a new h.d rec with a cat 5 ethernet &router hook up,i am at wits end.there has to be someone out there that knows whitch 1 i can get that has good private support, for a reasonal price...appr your help,please.:bawl:

I was ready to buy a jynxbox but the guy on the phone said he had lots of bad units come back and stated that quality was questionable as made in china.He is trying to push me to I-link or linkbox as they are made in Korea. I have just been reading about Linkbox and doesn't sound so good as some say the 8000HD Plus won't get Bev and you have to buy the HD module etc. I don't know what to buy either. I have heard Dreamlink is good so I will do some reading.

ramrod
09-29-2013, 12:23 AM
i try to keep up on all receivers that come out and from whats out there now, i would go with the dreamlink. thats my personal favorite. theres even a new t5 coming out soon if not all ready from dreamlink. price is very good as well. thats my personal opinion. take it for what its worth. jynxbox aint bad either but i like dl better

Which of these two is more comparable to the sv8000hd?

ro_54
09-29-2013, 08:10 PM
Jynx v1, v2, v3 are discontinued & no more support.
they are lunching a new box: minisomething...

zoogor
09-29-2013, 08:17 PM

Jynx v1, v2, v3 are discontinued & no more support.
they are lunching a new box: minisomething...

yes, jynx mini. as far as comparable to sv....well, nothing really compares to the old fta receivers in my opinion but i would say jynx would be closest. i would still go dreamlink t5...just my opinion of course

ro_54
09-29-2013, 08:30 PM
none. Try an nfusion HD and you will see !

zoogor
09-29-2013, 08:35 PM
none. Try an nfusion HD and you will see !

oh geeze, stay away from nfusions. you gotta deal with noi and all that crap then. best get a receiver that is made for iks.

ro_54
09-29-2013, 08:44 PM
I think its all worth it for having the best quality pic on your expensive tv set.
it is better to have an old wrt54 router(~10) dedicated to nfhd, than sv8000 (files for dongle & files for box)..