PDA

View Full Version : x2 lnb power cuts out

edrik
10-13-2013, 09:48 PM
have an x2 premium that for no reason that i can see, just cuts out the lnb power?
i am using it on DiSEqC 1.1 8x switch .
just using the uncommitted settings of the receiver.
i watch for a bit and then poof, lnbs cut out or receiver starts rebooting.
any ideas?

Terryl
10-13-2013, 10:01 PM
What type of LNB's and who made the 8x switch?

jvvh5897
10-13-2013, 10:03 PM
Too heavy of a current draw with your LNBs? Too long a coax run? Too many ports on diseqc for the number of LNBs?--don't think this one but 8 ports and 3 LNBs?
Don't know what "uncommited settings" means in this context. But I don't own x2. The rebooting suggests that the power supply on the box is not handling the load and when a voltage gets too low the box goes into a reset. You could try powering the LNBs from another box and DC isolate the x2. Or you could remove the diseqc switch for a while and directly hook up a single LNB and watch to see if there is still a problem.

From what I know, a diseqc sw only powers itself and a single LNB based on the code sent to it, so unless there is a specific LNB drawing too much power and that is the one you have active when there is a problem and you did not notice that, then I'm leaning to the length of coax or the diseqc sw itself.

edrik
10-13-2013, 10:22 PM
old single dish direct tv lnbs.
Digiwave dgs sw8x1.
i think maybe i will try each one , one at a time and see if it stops.

one more thing, i would like to put some type of power inserter in, but i have no idea how.

thanks

zelig
10-14-2013, 02:46 AM
have an x2 premium that for no reason that i can see, just cuts out the lnb power?
i am using it on DiSEqC 1.1 8x switch .
just using the uncommitted settings of the receiver.
i watch for a bit and then poof, lnbs cut out or receiver starts rebooting.
any ideas?

flaw with the sept firmware.
i am running old firmware and never had a problem

edrik
10-14-2013, 10:43 AM
flaw with the sept firmware.
i am running old firmware and never had a problem

which firmware? is it posted on our forum?

zelig
10-14-2013, 09:37 PM
i had the receiver over 1 year and collect as I go.
july 5th -from their ftp site that has a small assortment.
it actually says supermax 5000 when it boots.
that was pre-iptv firmware and takes a channel list from march to june
you need a ftp program running on pc to get in.
ftp.x2sat.com
login:[email protected]
password:00000

edrik
10-15-2013, 01:19 PM
actually , sept 17th firmware fixed the issue.
found at another site.
thank you for your replies

ro_54
10-16-2013, 09:48 PM
I'm running sept26 firmware & dont have any issues.

Costactc
11-18-2013, 10:10 PM
Latest fw release is Nov 6.

edrik
11-18-2013, 11:55 PM
I have not tried the nov 6 firm.
i have been reluctant to chance the LNB problem coming back.
Anyone try the nov 6 and have the LNB problem?

Costactc
11-19-2013, 07:15 PM
I'd like to help you out but both my x2 receivers are hooked up to dishes that are being moved by stand alone positioners and actuators. I did give the x2 a shot on usals and it worked like a charm with the previous fw.

Terryl
11-19-2013, 07:58 PM
old single dish direct tv lnbs.
Digiwave dgs sw8x1.
i think maybe i will try each one , one at a time and see if it stops.

one more thing, i would like to put some type of power inserter in, but i have no idea how.

thanks

OK it could be excessive DC current draw.

Some of the new 8x1 Diseqc switches (but not all) will actually power all of the attached LNB's at the same time, this will cause a DC current over load at the receiver. (150 to 200 mA per LNB times 4)

This can be fixed by going to an externally DC powered switch like an EMP, or if the LNB's are the DP singles then a DPP44 switch with power inserter can be used.

However in your case the LNB's your using look to be the old DTV legacy style, you can't add a DC power inserter to them, you would have to get a Dave TV DC powered switch setup for legacy LNB's.

The legacy LNB uses DC voltage to switch between the transponders, adding a DP power inserter to the setup will force then to all one transponder polarity,(all "H" or "L") the proper DC powered switch will sense the DC switching voltage from the receiver and use the correct polarity transponder input from the LNB.

To get this to work right you will need an old 4x4 switch from DTV or a 9x4*** switch from EMP.

*** 9x4.......8 inputs from 4 LNB's, and one input for an OTA antenna, old style legacy LNB's use two outputs, one at 13 volts for the "V" or "R" transponders, the other at 18 volts for the "H" or "L" transponders, so you need an externally DC powered 8 input switch with 4 outputs to the receivers, as they don't make an old style legacy 8x1

Something like this would work....
http://www.emp-centauri.cz/index.php?lang=en&page=prodview&id_kateg=1&id_pkateg=12&id=229

edrik
11-19-2013, 11:03 PM
i actually use more then 10 dishes already. the x2 is the only one that had issues in the system.
thing is, on the older firmware, it is working fine.
i guess if i get a bit of free time here in the next couple of years, i will try to upgrade again.
right now, working 12 hr days, 5 days a week is a bit much to mess with my setup.
thank you for your replies.