PDA

View Full Version : Michael Vick likely out vs. Raiders

KIDWCKED
10-28-2013, 09:59 PM
PHILADELPHIA -- Philadelphia Eagles quarterback Michael Vick likely will miss at least another game after reinjuring his left hamstring in Sunday's loss to the New York Giants, coach Chip Kelly said Monday.

Kelly, who typically does not reveal much about injuries, said he did not know the results of the MRI that Vick underwent Monday.
[+] Enlargehttp://a.espncdn.com/photo/2013/1027/nfl_a_mvickts2_300x200.jpgAP Photo/Michael PerezAn ailing Michael Vick was pulled Sunday in favor of rookie Matt Barkley.

But Kelly said he would proceed as though Vick would not be available for Sunday's game against the Oakland Raiders -- and perhaps longer.
"Mike didn't seem like he was going to be ready this week," Kelly said. "He felt like, the first time, that he was going to be back after the [Oct. 6] Giants game.
"This is the first time I've talked to him where he thought he may be out. We'll see after we sit down and visit, after we get the final [MRI] results."
Kelly said Vick was "day-to-day" after the original injury. After Vick lasted less than one half upon his return Sunday, Kelly said the original prognosis was for Vick to miss 10 to 14 days.
It is less clear whether Nick Foles, who left the Oct. 20 game against Dallas with a concussion, will be available this week.
Who's out? Who's good to go? Who's questionable? We've got all the latest injury news from around the NFL.

Foles met with the Eagles' medical staff Monday and took the required cognitive tests, Kelly said. Pending those results, Foles would then have to be cleared by an independent neurologist before returning to practice.
Rookie Matt Barkley is the only healthy quarterback on the Eagles' roster. If neither Vick nor Foles is able to play, the Eagles would have to add another quarterback this week.
G.J. Kinne is on the practice squad but was signed just last week.
"I wish I knew a lot more than I do know," Kelly said of his quarterback situation. "I don't have the final answer right now."