PDA

View Full Version : 1995 safari electrical problems

d1964
11-05-2013, 01:33 PM
Morning Everyone, I have a safari mini van, wife went out to start yesterday, van started, then quit now no interior lights, no horn, no headlights, no clock on radio showing, no 12 volt cig lighter and just turns over and does not start wife says saw red light at the radio just before it died. I am assuming that the fuel pump and or coil are hooked up to the same circuit, maybe a short in stock cd radio has blow a fuse or relay, checked all fuses they appear ok???? radio has delco loc11 but no theft lock.....

d1964
11-08-2013, 06:56 PM
no power getting to ecm b, so I spliced into orange wire from fuel pump relay(under hood passenger side on firewall) with 12 gauge wire a fusible link (30amp fuse) and a battery clamp, just so I can easily remove it ,just incase it is draining battery when stationary. then taped all connections with electrical tape and now Van starts and all power has returned......Connected clamp to positive side of battery.......

d1964
11-08-2013, 09:30 PM
is that the 4 port connection on firewall behind the battery with quarter sized red plastic cap ?