PDA

View Full Version : Motor Drive Bug?

granpaw
11-09-2013, 03:25 AM
Hello,

My dentist friend has the iptv model as well and having trouble with motor driving to sats and keeping signal. I was visiting and he showed me what was happening when he would change a channel to a different sat. I figure it has to be a bug for sure because there is no signal and when you go to motor menu all you need to do is hit the step button east or west and signal pops right up. I know the position is right because you need to step a long way for the signal to drop...this is for sure and proven on my iptv model as well. For the past week I have had the same problem and driving me crazy trying to figure it out until today we talked about it and he mentioned it to me. I tested mine and Yes, this is true.

I can save a motor position what tv but if I change channel to a diff sat...no signal. Go to motor menu and hit step and there it is. Although, sometimes the motor does not drive to that position and you need to find it again:okay:

What would the proper motor settings be for us guys. We both have invacom lnb Port 1 cir and port 4 lin.

Our settings are set to none, none and none and seemed to work for a few days but ever since I scanned in a third sat (129) I've been having this issue. Also I should mention sometimes when I reboot the box the signal pops right up as it should but then just disappears. The only way to get it back is...motor settings menu and hit the step button. I tested just tonight my sv8k and motor and signal are 100% every time...no problem with my setup for sure.

These are bugs in the software and just thought I would let the team know. They are doing a great job and I am loving this box but just the motor part is driving me crazy:D

Thanks for any help.

Terryl
11-09-2013, 04:02 AM
Is he using USALS or did he enter the locations manually?

And if the motor was not tight to the mast, ( hot then cold can loosen bolts) the mast it's mounted on has moved a bit or the dish was not tight to the motor's arm, it could have slipped a bit, this would have put it off the arc.

A very few degrees of slip or off level can cause this, also high wind could have moved it a bit.

Check the dish/motor mast level, it should be absoultly level left toright, front to back, or your going to be out of alignment with the arc.

Recheck the due south satellite, (or motor zero) to see if your off a bit in alignment.

blacklistedcard
11-09-2013, 04:29 AM
I notice with my motor that there is no power going to the motor itself. I have pull the plug on the pinwheel. Plug it back in and let the box power up. There is signal again on each satellite.

Its a bug. I would of never figured it out unless my motor did not have an led to indicate its getting power.

granpaw
11-09-2013, 07:02 AM
Is he using USALS or did he enter the locations manually?

And if the motor was not tight to the mast, ( hot then cold can loosen bolts) the mast it's mounted on has moved a bit or the dish was not tight to the motor's arm, it could have slipped a bit, this would have put it off the arc.

A very few degrees of slip or off level can cause this, also high wind could have moved it a bit.

Check the dish/motor mast level, it should be absoultly level left toright, front to back, or your going to be out of alignment with the arc.

Recheck the due south satellite, (or motor zero) to see if your off a bit in alignment.

Thanks for your help,
His setup with the motor is the same as mine...set up to each sat manually. Since talking and seeing his in action, I went straight back to mine and it is for sure a bug, I would think anyway. I know my dish is 100% working as it should with most sats having between 90 and 100% Q and has been that way for nearly 5 years. A new sg2100 was installed 2 years ago and works real good with my sv8k, I tested it tonight for a few hours and my arc is right on...61.5 - 129. I tried my pinwheel just now after a FD and the same thing happens after setting up just 2 sats....no signal, and then all at once signal again. Changing a channel for a diff sat is iffy, it may work or it may not.

These issues are really nothing new in the birth of a new box so I'm really just wanting to put this out there for the team to look into. We are all beta testers here and that's what it's all about. Getting this figured out will be a great improvement for us motor users.

Thanks again.

granpaw
11-09-2013, 07:09 AM
I notice with my motor that there is no power going to the motor itself. I have pull the plug on the pinwheel. Plug it back in and let the box power up. There is signal again on each satellite.

Its a bug. I would of never figured it out unless my motor did not have an led to indicate its getting power.

Are you using USALS with your setup. I will check the LED on my motor to see if it"s on, thanks.