PDA

View Full Version : Just getting scrambled channel message

busboy
11-10-2013, 08:37 PM
I have rogers cable as internet provider & D-link dir 655 router, with my Next receiver, I have made no changes to anything I know of.
I have a paid sub on private server.My sub has not run out. My Next receiver tells me I have an internet connection as it is hard wired & the connection in receiver is flashing, but will only receive dish info stations nothing else, signal strenght is 100 % on all sats.Still nothing.
Yes have tried a new cable too internet connection in receiver

I can take this receiver to the neighbours & install &it works fine, but he has a different internet provider & router, that is all that is different.
At home nothing works, I disable any firewall, still nothing.
Suspect something has changed in either Router settings or Internet provider settings, but do not know where to look
Any ideas please
Thank You

Ineedanewusersname
11-11-2013, 12:45 AM
Can you, via your home computer, surf the internet? If so that rules out your ISP (need to download a "large" file to rule out any ISP limits).

busboy
11-11-2013, 03:29 PM
Yes I can surf the net fine, I just contacted Rogers, my modem is only good for 10 mbps not the 35mbps I have been paying for on rental, Maybe this is the problem, do you know what speeds are required? Strange this is the modem I have had for years & it used to run my Next receiver, no problems. But I have noticed my downloads to sites are sometimes very slow.Thank you.I will check back later on to see if you have an answer on the speed required to download from the Next server

busboy
11-11-2013, 06:09 PM
Reply to ineedanewusername I just upgraded my modem from rogers cable to cisco dpc3825 wireless modem with router from rogers cable.My Next receiver is hardwired, I did a speed test with rogers my download speed is now 34.62mbps, with no limit on fine sizes.

I still only get scrambled channel on the screen.
Any more ideas
Thanks

busboy
11-11-2013, 10:50 PM
Thanks to all
the receiver works now, found out my IP provider in the menu was set to Manual should have been AUTO.
It had the ip address of my neighbours internet, where it worked fine, thefore it was still looking for their address.

Hey it works for now

Now on to getting my sonic view up & running

Cheers

spanky
05-06-2014, 11:31 PM
Hello everyone I am experiencing a scramble channel on all my channels 119/110 I am currently using a rocketiks server is there anyone that can help me ? Thank u in advance .

swanner
05-06-2014, 11:49 PM
Hello everyone I am experiencing a scramble channel on all my channels 119/110 I am currently using a rocketiks server is there anyone that can help me ? Thank u in advance .

ecm brother.... everybody down from what I'm reading...

usef03
05-15-2014, 12:16 AM
118 is scrambling here in Toronro