PDA

View Full Version : Set Up Help

xxcutive
11-19-2013, 05:56 PM
Order from LEESAT lat week, I just got my DL T5 last night. First Impression was WOOWWW. The T5 is even smaller the my Jynx so I do the set up. Install factory file. Do the reset in the Configuration> Systen Recovey>Enter 0000>Factory Set then set up Sat 110 119 129. So I start with 110. The S show 97% in red bar and the Q show 96% but I dont see is recognize sat 110 in the upper right of the screen like most receivers and 119 and 129. How ever when I do red button for scan it not getting any channels.
what is wrong or how do I know if the 8psk since Leesat preinstalled the 8PSK module.
The LNB go to the top which lable LNB in on the back of the receiver.
Thanks
by the way there is nothing wrong with the set up. I am just replacing the T5 over the Jynx. Everything work perfectly fine with the Jynx except the Jynx some time doesnt not have signal properly.

Here what I noticed
I am not even hook up the cable from the Dish LNB to the back IN LNB of the receiver yet but when I in the Dish Setting on 110. The S signal already at 96% and the Q signal is also at 97%

DISC69
11-21-2013, 03:54 AM
clean out mailbox

KIDWCKED
11-21-2013, 04:04 AM
clean out mailbox

huh??what does a mailbox ave to do..can u anwser question??

folcan99
11-21-2013, 04:09 AM
Order from LEESAT lat week, I just got my DL T5 last night. First Impression was WOOWWW. The T5 is even smaller the my Jynx so I do the set up. Install factory file. Do the reset in the Configuration> Systen Recovey>Enter 0000>Factory Set then set up Sat 110 119 129. So I start with 110. The S show 97% in red bar and the Q show 96% but I dont see is recognize sat 110 in the upper right of the screen like most receivers and 119 and 129. How ever when I do red button for scan it not getting any channels.
what is wrong or how do I know if the 8psk since Leesat preinstalled the 8PSK module.
Thanks
by the way there is nothing wrong with the set up. I am just replacing the T5 over the Jynx. Everything work perfectly fine with the Jynx except the Jynx some time doesnt not have signal properly.

Here what I noticed
I am not even hook up the cable from the Dish LNB to the back IN LNB of the receiver yet but when I in the Dish Setting on 110. The S signal already at 96% and the Q signal is also at 97%

It may be possible that the Module is either dead or its not sitting properly or doesn't have one. I had the same issues and changed the Disq switched and that worked for me.

KIDWCKED
11-21-2013, 04:11 AM
i dont c where latest bin install..

folcan99
11-21-2013, 04:13 AM
i dont c where latest bin install..

Or that lol.

surfinisfun
11-21-2013, 04:22 AM
Thanks

Here what I noticed

Now here is it showing red or green?

Almost no way i could see it being green.

folcan99
11-21-2013, 04:24 AM
Now here is it showing red or green?

Almost no way i could see it being green.

T5 signal is blue.

surfinisfun
11-21-2013, 04:29 AM
T5 signal is blue.

lol. O.k, either way red would not cut it.

Panther71
11-21-2013, 03:29 PM
Did you load latest bin file ?

http://www.satfix.net/showthread.php?142692-Dreamlink_T5_0102_1028P

Did you do your switch settings too for each signal..

Panther71
11-21-2013, 03:33 PM
You may want to check this out too..

How to Set up Dreamlink T5

http://www.satfix.net/showthread.php?144357-Dreamlink-T5-HD-Set-Up-Info&p=1010458#post1010458

Hope it helps you

xxcutive
11-21-2013, 03:37 PM
It install by Leesat and I did load Factory file and latest bin. I did open box and check the module and its look good. Arrow of the module align with the arrow mother board. Also take out and put back in and test still get the red signal bar even I remove the RG6 to the back of the receiver. So I dont know if the HD module have to do with getting signal. Everything work with my SV 8000 HD and I am just swap out the DreamLink for testing.
Thanks guys for helping

Panther71
11-21-2013, 05:21 PM
Did you do a factory reset??

folcan99
11-21-2013, 05:22 PM
It install by Leesat and I did load Factory file and latest bin. I did open box and check the module and its look good. Arrow of the module align with the arrow mother board. Also take out and put back in and test still get the red signal bar even I remove the RG6 to the back of the receiver. So I dont know if the HD module have to do with getting signal. Everything work with my SV 8000 HD and I am just swap out the DreamLink for testing.
Thanks guys for helping

Change the Switch or Disq switch. This happened to me so I changed it and now it works. I know it sounds funny but it helped me. It worked good on my DLHD but the same switch didn't work on my T5.

xxcutive
11-21-2013, 06:22 PM
I did factory reset and load latest bin and factory reset. May be I change back by using the DDP 44 with power converter and see if that get rid of the red signal bar. Right now I am using RG6 from port 1(1000.2 -110,119,129) to port 1 of Ecoda and Dish Pro Twin(82,92) to port 2 of Ecoda in to power inverter and its works.

Terryl
11-21-2013, 06:32 PM
It may work for a bit, but the current load in this setup may damage the switch, as the ECODA switch is only rated to 300 mA, the D1000 LNB takes 650 mA, and the DP twin takes 250 mA.

The DPP power inserter can be run up to the D1000 LNB by it's self, on it's own coax, run it to the #1 port on the LNB this will power the D1000 LNB and keep your switch from going FUBAR.

xxcutive
11-21-2013, 07:55 PM
Well I dont think the Ecoda switch is damage because I put my SV 8000 HD back and works fine. I am using Ecoda switch because I have also have Dish 1000 for 82,91 too. Right now my set up is Dish HD 1000.2 for DN and Dish Network 1000 with DP twin LNB for Bev using Ecoda and Power Converter and works fine. What do you suggest the set up if I am using DPP and power converter to get both DN and Bev.
ps.
Do you think the module fried

tito2020
11-23-2013, 10:27 PM
If you can try to scan one single LNB directly to your dreamlink by bypassing the switch then that will determine if the switch is bad or not.

directstar
12-01-2013, 08:30 PM
Thanks

Here what I noticed

go to menu /manual scan change transmission on all tranponder to DVBS QPSK would get you running no hd I am still not sure why the hd torbo setting don't work .. your meter must blue not red directstar

AeonFlux
12-01-2013, 09:50 PM
I am sorry to refer all the way back but I see you talking about hooking up cable to a live powered up FTA? That in itself will blow out switches if it does not damage the FTA itself. Never connect any cable to FTA with FTA powered up. It should be plug pulled when connecting cables.

DPP44 MUST get some power for the LNBs from somewhere other than your FTA or you will overheat and burn out the FTA. Some folks use a provider receiver to do this. That works. Some folks use the power inserter. That is better. No one can turn off the power inserter and smoke your FTA on you. But whatever works for you is fine.

Next problem is proper grounding. Look at the DPP44. It has a big ground lug with a screw in it at one corner. You need a honking big #12 awg copper wire run from there to a water pipe / earth ground. Ungrounded system is called 'floating' cause your signals will be all over the place. Make sure your DPP44 is hard grounded.

Cable connectors is the next issue. Use only the swaged heavy duty type like the Thomas & Betts or equal. Use the swaging tool. This should look pretty much like provider connectors... not cheesy RatShack hex crimped crap.

Why I am idiot with all this? Cause it sounds to me like you need some good advice on basic setup. After you have all this right, the rest is easy. You only do all this once if it is done right. You will have endless mysterious problems if it is not.

Now that you have all that corrected and right...
I would go all the way back to square one.
Factory default.
Load the factory bin.
Factory default 3 times.
Power off by pull out plug.
Count to ten. Plug back in. Hit power button on remote if necessary to reboot.
Factory default one more time.
Load the latest bin 1028P.
Factory default 3 times.
Power off by pull out plug.
Count to ten. Plug back in. Hit power button on remote if necessary to reboot.
Factory default one more time.

Why so excessive? Cause sounds to me like you might have something buggered up so I am using the excessive factory defaults to be absolutely certain that it gets the job done.

Now you should be good to go. Scan your sats and set up your server.

mustskr1
12-07-2013, 10:31 PM
I just got my T5 with DL100 and installed using the procedure given in conversation thread #11. Like to Thank for this link. It worked very well. I got channels on 110 , 118.9 and 119. Do not get all HD channels. HD quality is good. I then went on and added another dish pointing to 129 on the same disq sw at port 2. Signal quality is 90% and level is 90%. It scanned roughly 500 channels. however none of the channels on 129 are showing anything. It does not even says bad signal or scrambled signal. Screen just stays black. I tried hard reboot but no success. 110/118.8/119 are working Ok. any suggestion what can I do to get 129.

Also is there a list of all HD channels ?

thanks for help