PDA

View Full Version : Report: Ex-leaf toskala takes parting shot at former team

sleddy2008
02-08-2010, 07:35 PM
C/P from TSN.ca

Former Maple Leafs goaltender Vesa Toskala, who was traded to the Anaheim Ducks on January 31, took a little parting shot at his old team, according to the Toronto Star.

Toskala, whose mask is still adorned with the colours of the Maple Leafs, was asked when he would be replacing the paint job to reflect his new team's motif.

"Hopefully soon, so I can wash that blue and white out of my gear," Toskala said, according to the Star.

Toskala did not have the best results of late in Toronto, struggling to a 7-12 record this season and splitting time with Leafs' youngster Jonas Gustavsson. Toskala also had a 3.66 GAA in 2009-10.

The native of Finland did not make the playoffs in his two and a half years with the squad.

With the Leafs putting up generally mediocre results this season, Toskala was shipped to the Ducks along with Jason Blake in exchange for goalie J.S. Giguere.

Upon his arrival in Anaheim, Toskala requested to wear the number 35, which had previously belonged to Giguere. He was turned down and will instead wear the number 36.

"It didn't work out," the 32-year-old told the Orange County Register.

He is yet to play a game for the Ducks because he has not yet received a U.S. work visa.

Giguere, meanwhile, was named the NHL's Second Star of the Week on Monday, after getting consecutive shutouts in his first two games as a Leaf. He was the first goaltender in franchise history to achieve that feat.

kdawg64
02-08-2010, 09:35 PM
Take all the Shots you want, you sure didn't STOP any of them,, see Ya.:tehe:

burnsy
02-08-2010, 10:04 PM
I said it when they signed him and he is proving me right he is a bum and a whining little PR good ridance