PDA

View Full Version : Blown Air.........Replacement

dooly
11-21-2013, 01:26 AM
Looks like the power supply is blow in my AIR tried sd module still no power, switch is putting out power, no visual damage to any capacitors. I am going to let it sit overnight and see if it powers tomorrow.

Anyways I really liked the AIR have had it a few years one of the first to get one. Quickly through in the ultra for now. I have a nfusionhd running goo3 in the basement was thinking of replacing it with a pinwheel to fool around abit.

Now that the main receiver is probably toast. Would a pinwheel be user and guide friendly for the family, or should I try to scoop another AIR they are used to the guide.

I do run BEV and DN. Any input appreciated

nutzu
11-21-2013, 02:41 AM
Looks like the power supply is blow in my AIR tried sd module still no power, switch is putting out power, no visual damage to any capacitors. I am going to let it sit overnight and see if it powers tomorrow.

Anyways I really liked the AIR have had it a few years one of the first to get one. Quickly through in the ultra for now. I have a nfusionhd running goo3 in the basement was thinking of replacing it with a pinwheel to fool around abit.

Now that the main receiver is probably toast. Would a pinwheel be user and guide friendly for the family, or should I try to scoop another AIR they are used to the guide.

I do run BEV and DN. Any input appreciated
I have the Hd max and still working good :) the epg sucks but the menu and the WiFi works nice, the problem I have is the module this is my third one and I see that who ever make them they add a heat sink on top now :) if u can fix urs it will be great ,I think now only dreamlink t5 is an improved one btw I like the epg and the layout of the menu and another think limesat remote works perfect with my dreamlink t5.

Nostradamus
11-21-2013, 04:23 AM
pinwheel - solid box but EPG currently sucks on BEV

Jynxbox Ultra - hard to find the real deal any more, most units are clones

Jynxbox Lite - scaled back Ultra, single tuner, fast channel changes, 2hr EPG bev & DN, issues with switches and pvr

In your situation i would be inclined to look at grabbing another AIR someplace, have a spare module and remote :)

"QE"
11-22-2013, 03:28 AM
I had the same problem with my LS Air. Would not power up at all. A friend of mine said he knew a friend who knows a lot about electronics and might be able to fix it. I told him, if he can fix it, you can have it cause i am going to upgrade to the Pinwheel Pro cause i had my doubts it could be fixed. Well, the guy fixed it in a day and now i wish i had my LS Air back!!! The Pinwheel is okay but it is a HUGE pain in the a$$ for Bv. You have to look up on your cp or lappy as to what is on. The guide is ridiculously horrible for Bv on the Pinwheel and I am not holding my breath that it is going to get any better. It still shocks that this brand new box can not do something that even the worst box out there can do. I wish i had my Air back instead of this Pro just because of that reason.

I am betting your box could be fixed if you or someone you know, knows anything about the inner workings of electronics.

Cheers
QE

whoknows
11-22-2013, 01:02 PM
You will like the pinwheel as it is a very stable box. Easy to setup. The ones that are complaining about the bev guide didn't read the reviews when the box first hit the market. This box is new to the market and should exceed all of your expectations with future bins. good luck with your choice

bluenose2
11-22-2013, 04:11 PM
At one point, I had a bad switch from my dish and the limy would not power up. Strangely enough, I removed the cable line to the sat and the unit powered on. Changed the switch and all is fine.

dooly
11-22-2013, 10:15 PM
Thanks Nos that's the way I'm leaning I'll just put the Pinwheel on the back burner till the new year

pinwheel - solid box but EPG currently sucks on BEV

Jynxbox Ultra - hard to find the real deal any more, most units are clones

Jynxbox Lite - scaled back Ultra, single tuner, fast channel changes, 2hr EPG bev & DN, issues with switches and pvr

In your situation i would be inclined to look at grabbing another AIR someplace, have a spare module and remote :)

dooly
11-22-2013, 10:19 PM
I might no a person or two, I'll leave it with them, but i'll probably try and find a new AIR out there. I could replace the part myself, and possibly troubleshoot it, just don't have the time now. Electrician by trade, dabble a little in electronics for work, and home repair, getting to used to PLC's replace the card.

I had the same problem with my LS Air. Would not power up at all. A friend of mine said he knew a friend who knows a lot about electronics and might be able to fix it. I told him, if he can fix it, you can have it cause i am going to upgrade to the Pinwheel Pro cause i had my doubts it could be fixed. Well, the guy fixed it in a day and now i wish i had my LS Air back!!! The Pinwheel is okay but it is a HUGE pain in the a$$ for Bv. You have to look up on your cp or lappy as to what is on. The guide is ridiculously horrible for Bv on the Pinwheel and I am not holding my breath that it is going to get any better. It still shocks that this brand new box can not do something that even the worst box out there can do. I wish i had my Air back instead of this Pro just because of that reason.

I am betting your box could be fixed if you or someone you know, knows anything about the inner workings of electronics.

Cheers
QE

dooly
11-22-2013, 10:22 PM
I don't mine experimenting, but this is where the kids, and wife watch tv the most they are pretty much plug'n'play. I still want to try the pinwheel just a little later now.

You will like the pinwheel as it is a very stable box. Easy to setup. The ones that are complaining about the bev guide didn't read the reviews when the box first hit the market. This box is new to the market and should exceed all of your expectations with future bins. good luck with your choice

dooly
11-22-2013, 10:23 PM
Thanks for the reply. Unit would not power up with everything removed.

At one point, I had a bad switch from my dish and the limy would not power up. Strangely enough, I removed the cable line to the sat and the unit powered on. Changed the switch and all is fine.