PDA

View Full Version : Backup channels file list

zhong
11-30-2013, 01:30 PM
I would like to know if it is possible to backup channels file list of Pinwheel HD Mini to usb flash drive once I scanned the channels
of different satellites ?

If so, how do I do it ?

Thanks

zhong
12-08-2013, 05:59 AM
So nobody knows how to backup the saved scanned channels and server settings or is that not possible ?

Thanks

I would like to know if it is possible to backup channels file list of Pinwheel HD Mini to usb flash drive once I scanned the channels
of different satellites ?

If so, how do I do it ?

Thanks

benfica
12-08-2013, 06:54 AM
This is posted in other threads...
Hit menu...
Go back up and restore
Pic ur usb
Than...hit save ( green button )

zhong
12-08-2013, 09:40 AM
When we upgrade the firmware.
Does it wipe out all the settings like username, password and server settings ?

Thanks

This is posted in other threads...
Hit menu...
Go back up and restore
Pic ur usb

brofro80
12-08-2013, 12:30 PM
When we upgrade the firmware.
Does it wipe out all the settings like username, password and server settings ?

Thanks

yes it do...

benfica
12-08-2013, 03:58 PM
Yes it does...so back up on a usb ur servers and channels and no more issues...

the_prof
12-14-2013, 04:08 PM
to backup the server data you do the following:
Menu
Server List
Password (9999) if not changed
EPG button
Choose directory
Green Button (save)

I discovered this by chance!! I wish someone would publish a complete command setup that we could download and use

tbird686
12-14-2013, 04:34 PM
So you created a channel list then by doing this ? Im having a hard time scanning all the channels in woukd be niche to have a current channel list.......i use 82.91.110.119.129.......im missing a bunch.....if your getting them can you share the list id like to try to load it...thanks

the_prof
12-14-2013, 05:32 PM
So you created a channel list then by doing this ? Im having a hard time scanning all the channels in woukd be niche to have a current channel list.......i use 82.91.110.119.129.......im missing a bunch.....if your getting them can you share the list id like to try to load it...thanks

If you are referring to my post #7, that does not save the satellite and channel settings that saves your server settings (ie ps and public server settings)

To save your satellite and channel list you do the following:

Hit menu...
Go back up and restore
Pic ur usb

this was stated in post #3

tbird686
12-14-2013, 05:40 PM
they need to start up some stickies on these excellent tips so we can shorten search times.......

zhong
12-14-2013, 05:50 PM
I using 119W only.
I was missing some too on 119, but if I do a blind scan I will get all. though they might get mixed up in which satellite they display it. I had to delete a lot of double or triple identical channels scanned, but that was the only way I could scan and get them.
It was only way I could scan them and get most of them to work. I tried the frequenccies that are reccommended for the channels
I was missing, but could not get them when I used them to scan.
So once you delete all the identical channels. Do a backup of all the channels and servers data.

zhong
12-14-2013, 11:59 PM
The the satellite and channel settings is saved as *.db extension file.
The server settings is saved as what extension file ?

Thanks

If you are referring to my post #7, that does not save the satellite and channel settings that saves your server settings (ie ps and public server settings)

To save your satellite and channel list you do the following:

Hit menu...
Go back up and restore
Pic ur usb

this was stated in post #3

BanHammer
12-15-2013, 12:03 AM
The the satellite and channel settings is saved as *.db extension file.
The server settings is saved as what extension file ?

Thanks
the server settings file has the .dat extension

zhong
12-15-2013, 04:46 AM
How does one upload the .dat file to the receiver ?

Thanks

the server settings file has the .dat extension