PDA

View Full Version : Linkbox 8000 hd local won't boot

IceMaximus
12-01-2013, 05:25 PM
I've had this box for a week now, everything good, then went to remove some channels and it froze, there was just this thin blue line at the top of my tv, so i turned the STB off from the back and now the display just shows the number 8. and nothing comes up on my tv, it wont boot up. tried to Erom into it with an rs232 cable but no go... any ideas on whats going on with it??

Boxingfan
12-01-2013, 05:45 PM
Did it take the file with loader? Are you using a null cable?

frost
12-01-2013, 09:03 PM
c/p

Following guide will help your ERom upgrade to fix dead or frozen unit.

This problem can be happened wrong file downloaded accidentally or power off during download etc.

1. Copy and paste ERom Upgrade zipped file for 8000HD/HD Plus from
www.linkboxusa.com download section to your PC.

2. Copy and paste most updated software version of each model to your PC.

3. Unzip ( or Extract) ERom Upgrade zipped file (all file should be applied) completely.
About 17 unzipped files will be displayed. All these sub files need deployed to make upgrade successfully.

4. Click and open ERom .exe/ Microsoft (388Kb) extracted file. ERom Upgrade window will be opened
5. Connect RS 232 Null modem data cable between your PC and the unit.

6. Connect the unit AC power plug. Turn main reset switch OFF position.

7. Set right comport (1-4), bit rate 115,200, PolarityEven or Odd, Operating Mode Upgrade, and browse the unit and open. Some cases need include Bootloader. Click "NEXT"

8.If the screen message shows "Please reset target" turn your unit main power on (or Off and On).

9. The screen shows Done and after 10-15 seconds, starting loading. Please wait until 100% .

***** If fail message shown, check your com port set another one and try again.

10. Click "NEXT" for Burning and wait 100% done. Click "Finished".

11. Wait 10-20 seconds until the unit complete rebooting and display "noCH" or "CH number".

***** The unit fixed now to be normal operation.

Enjoy

IceMaximus
12-01-2013, 10:04 PM
Thanks for your help guys. I didn't realize that the rs232 cable i was using was a straight through instead of a null cable. After modifying the cable i was able to use ERom upgrade, and all is good now. Thanks!!