PDA

View Full Version : Mini server issues

gordc
12-05-2013, 09:35 PM
Anyone else have this problem? I am running North and South on my mini. The North works great, when I select
a channel on the South the channel stays black no vid or audio unless I go into the menu and shut the north off then my south channel kicks in.
The channel continues to work until I change the channel then all black again even if I go back to the channel
that was just working. If I go back in the menu and turn the North back on and as soon as I store it the south channel kicks in but as soon as I change the channel I have to do the process all over again. But the North channels work fine with the south on or off. Any ideas why this is happening?
Thanks.

Nostradamus
12-05-2013, 09:42 PM
well it sounds like maybe the bin got corrupted somehow. did you factory default after loading the file? did you scan the channels or load them from a previous saved channel list?

I would dload the file again and update the receiver from a new download
factory default
rescan sats

and see if that makes a difference

gordc
12-05-2013, 09:49 PM
I did do a fresh channel scan, I did not do a factory default after loading the bin

gordc
12-05-2013, 10:13 PM
I did a factory reset, DL the bin again and reinstalled. I am doing a new channel scan I'll let you know if it worked!

benfica
12-05-2013, 10:22 PM
Please let us know !
Very weird...i find bin 2.9 amazing .
Ive been switching from both north and south just to test ur issue and no problem here...

Nostradamus
12-05-2013, 10:30 PM
the only other thing it could be is a wonky diseqc switch. If the problem persists try this

go to a north channel and then switch to a south channel
this is where you would normally turn north off
instead leave north server turned on but reboot the box and se if the south kicks in

sometimes when switches start to act up they will go intermittent and a reboot will force them to make the switch where they othrwise wouldn't

gordc
12-06-2013, 02:38 AM
ok after the factory default and re scan there was no change. I'll try what you said. I do have a new switch on the shelf I can use and see if that fixes the issue. Thanks for your help I'll keep you posted!

gordc
12-06-2013, 04:33 AM
I found the problem, I unplugged the hard drive from the usb on the front of the Mini and I can now change channels with both servers up and channels working. It's a new hard drive that was formatted with the stb and was working fine. Have know idea why the hard drive would cause this.

benfica
12-06-2013, 05:36 AM
Sometimes can be the brand...anything can cause the stress on the stb to act funny!
Glad u got it figured out my friend !!
Now enjoy, its a great litle toy :)

silvia
12-06-2013, 01:37 PM
Timeahift Off and you're okay!!

the_prof
12-14-2013, 05:39 PM
I found the problem, I unplugged the hard drive from the usb on the front of the Mini and I can now change channels with both servers up and channels working. It's a new hard drive that was formatted with the stb and was working fine. Have know idea why the hard drive would cause this.

There is a bug in 2.9 using the pvr drive.