PDA

View Full Version : How to get out of the diagnostic screen V 1.01 spk?

gypseaone
12-14-2013, 03:17 PM
Hi,

New (not set-up) Dreamlink T5 with DL100. Could you please tell me how to exit the diagnostic screen? There is 6 choices but none have an exit.

Thanks,

Gypseaone:rolleyes:

horney toad
12-14-2013, 06:05 PM
Hi,

New (not set-up) Dreamlink T5 with DL100. Could you please tell me how to exit the diagnostic screen? There is 6 choices but none have an exit.

Thanks,

Gypseaone:rolleyes: as I remember this happens when a wrong file is put in the T5 as I made this mistake when I got my T5 and didn't read all of the warnings that had been posted on the subject....apparently Dreamlink ran out of the proper remotes and changed the software to allow the SD remote to do the job....I had a heck of a job getting out of this one but did finally by using a remote from a Coolsat 5000.....once I got rid of the screen you are locked on I was able to reload the proper software and then the supplied remote again worked......hope this helps you out as it put me in a state of panic when it happened to me as I felt I had bricked a brand new receiver.......cheers....ht

gypseaone
12-14-2013, 10:55 PM
as I remember this happens when a wrong file is put in the T5 as I made this mistake when I got my T5 and didn't read all of the warnings that had been posted on the subject....apparently Dreamlink ran out of the proper remotes and changed the software to allow the SD remote to do the job....I had a heck of a job getting out of this one but did finally by using a remote from a Coolsat 5000.....once I got rid of the screen you are locked on I was able to reload the proper software and then the supplied remote again worked......hope this helps you out as it put me in a state of panic when it happened to me as I felt I had bricked a brand new receiver.......cheers....ht

It's a virgin fresh from the box, but in ''DIAGNOSTIC'' mode/screen.:rolleyes:Anyone else know I to get back to normal screen?

KIDWCKED
12-14-2013, 11:16 PM
try booting the box up with usb jus an idea...

BanHammer
12-14-2013, 11:19 PM
turn it off/on with the rocker switch on the back on the receiver.

gypseaone
12-15-2013, 08:36 PM
Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

Tried the rocker a few time, no go. The diagnostic screen come back each time. Code is ''01A6''
I tried to boot with USB plug in, same diagnostic screen on.
Cannot turn off the unit with the remote, only with the back switch/rocker.

Anyone else add that problem?

Thanks!:rolleyes:

KIDWCKED
12-15-2013, 08:49 PM
try this..
Remote fix for fac 100 file download (http://www.satfix.net/showthread.php?124752-Remote-fix-for-fac-100-file-download)

Nex9k
12-11-2020, 05:14 PM
To get out of the diagnostic screen, press the number 6 on the remote for “default settings”. Not the same as using the arrows to get to the menu item.....

Nex9k
12-11-2020, 05:15 PM
To get out of the diagnostic screen, press the number 6 on the remote for “default settings”. Not the same as using the arrows to get to the menu item.....

maird57
12-11-2020, 09:21 PM

Do you realize the question was asked in 2013?