PDA

View Full Version : Using Nfusion true fta?

celltech
02-13-2010, 07:43 AM
hope not a repitious comment,but what channels can I reciecve fta in Tenn.I bought Nfusion, it as an fta but could not aford a motor dish etc.its hopefully something has to be free .IT has a purpose,also apoligize but what kind of,dish motor etc would i need

torpainter
02-13-2010, 08:00 AM
I,ve moved you here to the true fta section so the experts can help you

Gold
02-13-2010, 11:11 AM
hope not a repitious comment,but what channels can I reciecve fta in Tenn.I bought Nfusion, it as an fta but could not aford a motor dish etc.its hopefully something has to be free .IT has a purpose,also apoligize but what kind of,dish motor etc would i need

You know a few months ago I would recommend a motorized 36" dish, but now I would say check around in your area for an old BUD (Big Ugly Dish)...

A lot of times you can get them free & if you get the right kind you can pick up C band & Ku band signals...

The nFusion to be honest is not a good choice for FTA, especially for beginners. It can be done, but it's kinda like learning to drive a stick shift in San Francisco. I

Costactc
02-13-2010, 12:46 PM

Depends on what type of programming your looking for. A motor is recommended because channels are scattered amongst sats and a linear lnb is a must. You'll also need a dish of at least 30", even though I would recommend 39"-48".
If your looking for alot of channels, Gal 19 at 97w has about 150 open channels. However, as Gold mentioned, nf is not very fta compatible but will work.

secheltpaul
02-13-2010, 03:06 PM
Yes
You can get FTA in TENN. You need a standard linear L N B F
You need a minimum of a 30’’ dish but would follow costactc’s advice
And get a 4foot dish. have a look at lyngsat.com to see what’s out there for free.