PDA

View Full Version : Dreamlink HD T5 thoughts~opinions?

cmangle
12-24-2013, 09:11 PM
Dreamlink HD T5 thoughts~opinions?

Anyone have experience with the HD T5?

I notice in the spec it does not have/use a turbo 8psk module?

Does that mean it will not scan/test most of the dush hd channels?

And what about the signal meter on the DL T5 HD?

Does it work correctly or is it like the old DLHD?

Meaning 97 all the time with or without coax attached!

any other input appreciated,

thanks chris

KIDWCKED
12-24-2013, 09:26 PM
I think big improvements have bin made..the pic qual on sd/hd seems much better..no mod probs reported this time around..jmo...

aidejr
12-24-2013, 10:15 PM
I have seen pic's with less then 97% quality.

cmangle
12-25-2013, 12:42 AM
I have seen pic's with less then 97% quality.

aidejr, the "97" refers to the signal meter in the DLHD which always says "97" unless you are dead on a sat. I mean DEAD ON!

The DLHD was/is a real b!tch to align the dish. If you are just upgrading then no problem. Your dish is already aligned and you just need to xfer the correct diseqc port number! But if you got to start from scratch you'd be better off squinting with your eyes to find the satellite rather than using the DLHD's signal meter!

merry xmas chris

Moonman
12-25-2013, 05:31 PM
Also it does require the 8psk mod. it is however different from the original module. It's still refered to as an SK200 but is quite different. All boxes have their little quirks but they are easily gotten around. Great picture, you should be happy with it.

dogdayz
12-25-2013, 06:26 PM
Best receiver I ever had - and I've had a lot.

cmangle
12-25-2013, 10:40 PM
Also it does require the 8psk mod. it is however different from the original module. It's still refered to as an SK200 but is quite different. All boxes have their little quirks but they are easily gotten around. Great picture, you should be happy with it.

A little confused here, DL HD T5 comes with an 8psk module (or does it) but that module needs to be replaced with a "Turbo 8PSK" module to TEST channels?

a DL100 module that may or may not come with the DL HD T5 is not what is needed to TEST the other encrypted HD channels?

Chris

torpainter
12-25-2013, 11:54 PM
a dealer may install the dl100(turbo 8psk) for you but unless he does it wont be installed

cmangle
12-26-2013, 04:05 AM
a dealer may install the dl100(turbo 8psk) for you but unless he does it wont be installed

torpainter, how are you? haven't chatted in quite a while! oh and merry xmas!

now back to topic, like most other hd units the 8psk unit is shipped with the hd box just not installed. Is that the case with the DL HD T5? The dl100(a better turbo 8psk than the sk200) is shipped with the DL HD T5, just not installed, is that correct?

thanks for the reply, chris

KIDWCKED
12-26-2013, 04:32 AM
very easy install regardless...google leesat...thats ur best bet..

BigDaddy0
12-26-2013, 02:44 PM
The remote control is very responsive and works at a distance no problem. Being able to switch between two providers on EPG is great. EPG populates well. Timeshift and record seem to work well. Entering server info is a pain. Having trouble setting up DPP Twins and DPP44. Picture quality is great. Had mine tested and HD module installed before I took it out of the store.

Diddly
12-27-2013, 02:05 AM
A little quirky when changing transponders. Usually unit will have to be powered down and up again to make contact. Great HD picture.

charlou
12-27-2013, 02:42 AM
Some of you have the Dreamlink HD T5 receiver. I want to ask you if you can do a BLIND scan with it ? thanks ...

whoknows
12-27-2013, 03:14 AM
Some of you have the Dreamlink HD T5 receiver. I want to ask you if you can do a BLIND scan with it ? thanks ...

I don't have the box, but did look at the options and blind scan wasn't mentioned.

tvc15
12-27-2013, 10:36 AM
No blind scan.

AeonFlux
12-27-2013, 04:00 PM
Blind scan may be on the factory file as that is a true FTA file.

JMHO but right now Dreamlink has the best box on the market. I have 2 DL T5 and generally very satisfied. Picture is not as good as the Jynxbox but the PVR works great and the new EPG works just fine for my purposes. Box is better made than many and still has nice metal case. The silicone heat transfer block works just fine to keep the box from overheating. Channel change is fast. They have the damned best sat scan of any unit out there bar-none. The tuner is sensitive and seems to work with most switches. You don't want to run more than 3 servers or you will confuse it. My only negative comment is the server entry which they have made unnecessarily difficult. They could release a T5 make2dream and solve that issue. A/V outputs are not what they could be but if you watch the HDMI you will never know.

charlou
12-28-2013, 01:25 AM
No blind scan.

Thank you.
I hope the future receivers will have it, because i also want make true fta.

edrik
02-04-2018, 12:59 PM
i feel your pain.
take a box almost to perfect and then just quit. sheese. there are a lot of us out there that love to scan as many types of transponders as we can. c, ku, circular, linear i want em all.

Jrose
02-04-2018, 05:03 PM
Besides the no blind scan (my old Sonicview 360 Elite had the best!!!) I hate the constant "moving to" countdown that it has to count down to twice for a Sat a couple degrees apart and when you go into positioner settings and don't change anything and exit.