PDA

View Full Version : What Jynxbox will do DTV-Bell? a little confused.

tubbs
01-01-2014, 06:14 AM
Hello

I'm a little confused about the capabilities of all of the different Jynxbox models.

I see some dealers include the tuner, some act like it automatically comes with the tuner and maybe the HD card (8PSK?).
I see models like, V3, M6. M1, Live, Andriod HD, Andriod Mini, Ultra HD.....

What the heck is the difference?

Witch one has a good working guide.......Man, this guide thing is gona kill me!!!! I gota get a good guide!

SO, any ideas, recommendations or help will be appreciated.

TUBBS

Nostradamus
01-01-2014, 07:40 AM
ok in a nutshell! LOL

the V3 is no longer produced and anybody but an authorized Jynx dealer has a clone.

there is no such thing as a Jynxbox V4, it is a clone of a different box rebranded

the only sat box that Jynx is offering right now is the Ultra Lite

all the other boxes are internet boxes and really offer no EPG.

Android Mini, HD, and M6 all are using XBMC as an app on the Google/Android OS

M1 is running XBMC only on a locked version of Linux so it is dedicated to that one progaram.

the LIVE is streaming internet TV. It is different than the others as all the chnnels are streamed from a central server rather than being scraped all over the internet. That is your best bet for seeingf an EPG but at present there is none and it would have to be implemented from the guy running the server

tubbs
01-01-2014, 04:14 PM
Thanks for the help...

So I guess it's the Ultra Lite for me.

Happy New year

Dzaster
01-01-2014, 04:20 PM
Thanks for the help...

So I guess it's the Ultra Lite for me.

Happy New year

You can get a v3 you just need to make sure it's from an authorized dealer. It should come with a JB200 tuner and youcan add another jb200 or an atsc tuner to get locals.

mark64
01-01-2014, 04:41 PM
tubs you have been around long enough you better do some reading on jynx before purchasing one I can see your rants right away lmfao

JCO
01-01-2014, 06:40 PM
:drunk1::drunk1:
tubs you have been around long enough you better do some reading on jynx before purchasing one I can see your rants right away lmfao

Some of us look forward to the rants..:drink1::drink1::redcomp::redcomp::beatin_h orse:

Nostradamus
01-01-2014, 06:45 PM
even from an authorized dealer the chance of finding a new V3 is remote since those units have ben out of production for (rough guess) 6 months

surfinisfun
01-01-2014, 07:50 PM

lol. He can't stop whining about DL and he's thinking about jynx?......I'm with JCO, i look forward to that bitchfest ;)

Maybe another section can be added......"tubbs bitches today".lol

tubbs
01-01-2014, 09:24 PM
You can get a v3 you just need to make sure it's from an authorized dealer. It should come with a JB200 tuner and youcan add another jb200 or an atsc tuner to get locals.

If I would add 2 JB200 tuners, would I be able to record on one Charlie channel wile I watch the other?

tubbs
01-01-2014, 09:33 PM
lol. He can't stop whining about DL and he's thinking about jynx?......I'm with JCO, i look forward to that bitchfest ;)

Maybe another section can be added......"tubbs bitches today".lol

HEY... THAT'S RIGHT tuff guy!!!

I expect my "FREE" TV to have a excellent guide with no problems.
The picture quality should be better than a real Bell or Charlie box TOO!!!:rotflmao:

Matter of fact, they should pay me for watching commercials all day!!!:rant:

surfinisfun
01-01-2014, 10:08 PM

The picture quality should be better than a real Bell or Charlie box TOO!!!:rotflmao:

I'll tell you what big boy, try to figure out that super complicated guide issue with the DL then maybe you can put those super big boy pants on for the jynx.lol......good luck on both.

JCO
01-01-2014, 10:15 PM
Populating the guide is a question of leaving it on the right channel long enough..

surfinisfun
01-01-2014, 10:29 PM

Tuff guy, o.k pal did you even try doing what i said here..http://www.satfix.net/showthread.php?147743-Bought-New-T5-s-Little-Disappointed&p=1032669#post1032669 or would you rather say nothing so you can continue to bitch.

tubbs
01-02-2014, 03:41 AM
I'll tell you what big boy, try to figure out that super complicated guide issue with the DL then maybe you can put those super big boy pants on for the jynx.lol......good luck on both.

O.K. Buddy,

All I really do know is that I have been testing well before you were on your tricycle, and I don't mean one of thoes CA-AM things ether.

Ever heard of an "F" card? Battery card? every program a "F " card?

I certainly ain't no Techie here like a lot of peeps here, and that may include you. the peeps here are very- very good on their knowledge about these boxes. Sorry, I'm not.
But I have been around the block, 1 or 2 times.

And don't worry about my pants, I change my own depends.:lolpound:

dishuser
01-02-2014, 03:50 AM
O.K. Buddy,

All I really do know is that I have been testing well before you were on your tricycle, and I don't mean one of thoes CA-AM things ether.

I certainly ain't no Techie here like a lot of peeps here, and that may include you. the peeps here are very- very good on their knowledge about these boxes. Sorry, I'm not.

using other peoples tested scripts don't mean squat

surfinisfun
01-02-2014, 03:52 AM
O.K. Buddy,

You have a good day, sorry i'm new at this.

tubbs
01-02-2014, 08:26 AM
using other peoples tested scripts don't mean squat

WHAT?
like, do you write you own bins? I don't understand what you mean?
I know your-no dummy, but it would be hard to believe you are writing the scripts for the DREAMLINK.

If i'm in error, please enlighten me sir.

tubbs
01-02-2014, 08:31 AM
You have a good day, sorry i'm new at this.

Bro,
No worries, I'm sorry, I bitch sometimes, I get in a bad mood somtimes... Don't mean any harm to anyone at all.

You would be in a bad mood too if on New Years Eve, you xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx...
Maybe that doesn't sound too bad, but she weighs twice as much as tubbs....

HELP ME!!!:tehe:
Best Wishes to you all...

gladiater
01-04-2014, 12:01 AM
gee i hope you never try a dreambox.......lol.it never really had a great guide,guess it depended on which image you tried,i tried most all of em but could not get one as good as some of the old viewsats

dishuser
01-04-2014, 12:03 AM
gee i hope you never try a dreambox.......lol.it never really had a great guide,guess it depended on which image you tried,i tried most all of em but could not get one as good as some of the old viewsatsdid you see new fix posted?

roywey
02-21-2014, 09:21 PM
does viewsat work for fta. how about nfusion?

Anubis
02-21-2014, 09:36 PM
does viewsat work for fta. how about nfusion?

Not to be mean here but your second posts is hijacking this thread(not that it wasn't already).
You need to get familiar with the site and do some reading regarding the units you are asking about.
There's more than one model of each unit you are asking about so check the forums for the unit you are asking about and odds are with a bit of reading you will get your answer.