PDA

View Full Version : Two questions regarding Dish 1000.2 with Triple LNB with Dreamlink HD T5

Harry Baules
01-01-2014, 11:59 AM
My new place is already setup with the Dish1000.2 and DP Plus 1000.2 Triple LNB with internal switch. I want to buy a Dreamlink HD T5 box.

1) Does this receiver supply enough juice to power this LNB on its own? Or will I need a power inserter? I know I can also put another old fta receiver on line two but currently I don't have a second line coming into the house and don't want to go through the trouble. I only plan to use one FTA receiver.

2) Will this dish/lnb setup allow me to catch birds 110, 119, and 129? Or do i need any additional equipment?

AeonFlux
01-01-2014, 01:46 PM
None of the modern HD receivers have enough juice to power the 1000.2 and certainly not the T5. Look on ebay for DPP44 power inserter. You only need the inserter(with its own power supply). You do not need the switch. Should cost about $30 or so w/ shipping. Save yourself a lot of grief and just order it.

1000.2 Western Arc receives 110, 119, 129. 1000.2 Eastern Arc does not. Most likely you have the Western Arc model = 3 white LNBs all look about equally spaced. You can look for some pictures and verify from what it looks like.

Best to be sure all three cables come down from the dish. Power inserter to go onto the cable coming from port 1 on the LNB. That leaves you with 2 cables for FTAs.

Harry Baules
01-02-2014, 02:40 AM
Aeon, thanks for the detailed info. Yes the LNBs look equally spaced and the former tenant says he had HD service for D*sh so I am quite sure it's the western arc that you mention. I am going to order the power inserter on Fleabay. I know exactly what you are talking about.

pollywog1
01-02-2014, 04:54 AM
If you have an old BEV box laying around you can hook it up and it will power this dish. I have one cable going to BEV 3100 receiver and one cable to my T5 and it works like a charm.

AeonFlux
01-02-2014, 12:51 PM
Old Charlie or Beverly boxes do indeed have enough juice to power the 1000.2 but you need to bury it away somewhere people will not shut it off on you or you will burn out your T5. Not sure how the old receiver responds to power outage either. Does it come right back on when power is restored? If not, then that is a possible problem too. While this does indeed work, I would rather just spend the damned $30, buy the inserter and be done with it.