PDA

View Full Version : Telus high speed modem/Router

janez
01-01-2014, 03:59 PM
I am using a Telus high speed modem-router as provided by Telus, and would like to switch from NOI to Goo3. My computer man tells me I can't do that, telus system won't work.
Is anybody familiar with Telus modem routers and if it can be done?

Nostradamus
01-01-2014, 06:57 PM
if you have your own router can you just turn the telus router off, simply use it as a modem and then configure you own router to work?

janez
01-02-2014, 02:01 AM
if you have your own router can you just turn the telus router off, simply use it as a modem and then configure you own router to work?
This unit is both in one, together modem and router.
If they would be separate, modem one unit router another unit,
yes then we could do it. But as it is we would have to get a separate modem and then use the Linksys wrt router.
My computer man tells me that Telus won't allow that with their high speed turbo system.

dishuser
01-02-2014, 02:11 AM
This unit is both in one, together modem and router.
If they would be separate, modem one unit router another unit,
yes then we could do it. But as it is we would have to get a separate modem and then use the Linksys wrt router.
My computer man tells me that Telus won't allow that with their high speed turbo system.
use a linksys in repeater mode

Nostradamus
01-02-2014, 04:22 AM
well I just had a tech guy in here 2 days ago and install a new router / modem when I upgraded my net. I told him I didn't want him messing up my network as it was already configged on my router and he said no problem. kept the router disabled in that thing and all i had to do was make one adjustment in my router with the connection settings