PDA

View Full Version : EPG Locked Up

lionking
01-01-2014, 09:04 PM
I had this problem with the Dreamlink HD T5 since I connected a new Seagate External USB Drive to it. The Seagate is 1TB and has been formatted to FAT32 Primary, and when I set the PVR Timer to Record the Event it switches to the Channel and Time without a problem. After awhile it will stop Recording with PVR and the Channel goes Scrambled and cannot use power off on the Remote. The first time it said the EPG is Locked Up and I have to power down...boot using power button and then it was able to go into PVR Mode after soft boot again again. Do you think it is best to do a Factory Reset, Factory Bin, Factory Reset, then load latest bin, then the final Factory Reset and Scan Channels should take care of the EPG Lock UP? Thanks in advance.

KIDWCKED
01-01-2014, 09:11 PM
i would just try reset...read that d/l will handle up to 1tb...try a different usb...jmo...

lionking
01-01-2014, 09:18 PM
i would just try reset...read that d/l will handle up to 1tb...try a different usb...jmo...

I would but I also have another Dreamlink HD that is not a T5 and it is running the same Seagate drive without a problem. Both Seagate drives have their own power adapter. I could try just a reset to see what happens.

KIDWCKED
01-01-2014, 09:22 PM
i wud still try a different usb on t5...just too find out..

lionking
01-01-2014, 09:28 PM
i wud still try a different usb on t5...just too find out..

I had a Lacie hard drive on the T5 before and it was alright to record pvr except it had a problem of scanning an event 4-8x was jittery. Sometimes I could not play back an event from the pvr and when I wanted to delete it it would not delete unless I did a hard boot from the back of the box.

UPDATE:

I didn't have to do a Factory Reset because after I did a hard boot it worked...no EPG lock up. It records evens with PVR. It seems I only did a Soft Boot from the power button of the remote before when it needed a full boot up. I guess the t5 had to adapt to a new usb drive. Thanks for your help.

lionking
01-02-2014, 08:50 PM
Bump this up