PDA

View Full Version : Canada set to face finland in world junior semifinal(TSN)

KIDWCKED
01-04-2014, 05:48 PM
tsn
Finland is the next obstacle in Canada's way of playing for another World Junior Hockey Championship title. Anthony Mantha and Canada meet the Finns in Saturday afternoon's semifinal.
Finland's road to the semis wasn't an easy one. Down 3-1 to the Czechs after two periods, the Finns scored three unanswered goals in the third to win 5-3 and make sure that they wouldn't make a fifth quarterfinal exit in six years at the WJHC. Nashville Predators' 2013 draft pick Saku Maenalanen had a pair of goals for Finland, while goaltender Juuse Saros, another Predators prospect, had 20 saves for the win.
Finland has not medaled at the WJHC since a team backstopped by Tuukka Rask captured bronze in 2006.
Canada defeated Switzerland 4-1 in its quarterfinal, getting goals from Mantha, Griffin Reinhart, Curtis Lazar and Derrick Pouliot. Reinhart also added an assist. Zachary Fucale made 19 saves in the victory.
Finland, led by Chicago Blackhawks draft pick Teuvo Teravinen (nine assists,) isn't unfamiliar opposition for Canada. The two teams met in pre-tournament play last month when Canada, on two goals from Mantha, defeated the Finns 4-2.
The winner of Saturday's semifinal will meet the winner of the day's other semifinal between Russia and Sweden in Sunday afternoon's gold medal game on TSN at 1pm et/10am pt.

clarkie
01-04-2014, 09:27 PM
Sorry to say but Canada lost .. 5-1 to the Fins, and Sweden beat Russia 2-1 so its Fins against the Sweden for the gold , Canada and russia for the bronze medal

KIDWCKED
01-04-2014, 09:58 PM
they played brutal...imo..

darlinkat
01-04-2014, 10:01 PM
I saw the third period and it was 3 to 1 with 4:30 left of the clock
What the hell happened after that !!!

KIDWCKED
01-04-2014, 10:09 PM
I saw the third period and it was 3 to 1 with 4:30 left of the clock
What the hell happened after that !!!

it was all downhill hon..sluggish team..bad penalties..penalty shot and empty net goal made it 5-1....they beat this team earlier 4-2...dissapointing...

darlinkat
01-04-2014, 10:14 PM
it was all downhill hon..sluggish team..bad penalties..penalty shot and empty net goal made it 5-1....they beat this team earlier 4-2...dissapointing...

Not their day for sure
They needed a little luck as well
Very disappointing

KIDWCKED
01-04-2014, 10:21 PM
the shooter change for penalty shot was a little sketchy too...

clarkie
01-05-2014, 01:56 AM
I missed watching it , but it sounds like i didnt miss much...:innocent:

kijiji
01-05-2014, 02:53 AM
I missed watching it , but it sounds like i didnt miss much...:innocent:

you always do !!!