PDA

View Full Version : Which USB Hard Drive worked for your PVR on the DL T5 HD?

lionking
01-05-2014, 07:39 AM
I posted a thread I was having problems using a Seagate USB Drive with power adapter and it seemed to sort it out after doing hard boot. When that didn't work out I started from scratch and did a Factory Reset, Factory Bin, FR, then newest Bin then finally another FR and I was able to Record PVR Events. Now it seems to have locked up the Video again being scrambled but the red light of the PVR is still running. I cannot use the remote to turn off PVR, turn channels and use the power off button. The only way is I had to do a hard boot from the back of the Receiver wait a minute or two power back on and it was fine then it restarted the PVR again. I also reformatted the USB Hard Drive when connected to the Dreamlink in PVR Settings. Has anyone tried a certain make of USB Hard Drive power adapter or not that will not lock up the video when using the PVR? For Manufacturers of USB Hard Drives with Power Adapters the only one I can find now which is not anymore than a maximum of 1TB is Seagate otherwise if I can take a chance using other ones that don't have power adapters. This seems to also happen when I leave it on another channels and have set the PVR to Record another time on a different Channel. By the way I had an old Lacie USB Hard Drive connected to it before with a Power Adapter which did not have that same issue it sometimes would not play back an Recorded Event through the PVR, the picture was very jittery not going past 2x fast forward, and could not delete a Recorded event. I could also use the same Seagate USB Hard Drive on my other DL HD V.1 or V.2 without any issues. Please let me know. Thanks in advance.

lionking
01-06-2014, 11:30 PM
Please Bump This.

pigvommit
01-25-2014, 03:04 AM
Not sure what the issue is recording HD to the PVR, and I should say more importantly the playback of HD files via PVR. Tons glitching and sync problems. Also loses verbal/picture sync every time you try to Skip a chapter or fast forward whether HD or SD. Could a USB 3.0 instead of a 2.0 help this issue? Or possibly a different usb. Currently using a 32gig Lexar 2.0.

AeonFlux
01-26-2014, 07:31 PM
All I have to say is HUH?

Been using 8 and 16GB Lexar USB 2.0's for some time. I have NO glitching at all unless my server is having a problem. They are just too small to save a lotta video in HD. Problem is that you need to let the T5 format the drive as FAT32. Also large external drive has to have its own power supply too. Not load down th T5 +5V USB supply. That won't work.

pigvommit
01-27-2014, 07:16 AM
All I have to say is HUH?

Been using 8 and 16GB Lexar USB 2.0's for some time. I have NO glitching at all unless my server is having a problem. They are just too small to save a lotta video in HD. Problem is that you need to let the T5 format the drive as FAT32. Also large external drive has to have its own power supply too. Not load down th T5 +5V USB supply. That won't work.

Using Lexar 32GB Stick, so not external Hard drive. So should be no issues with the unit been robbed of power via usb. So are you telling me that the T5 formatting the stick is going to net a different result then if the stick was formatted fat32 via PC? I am willing to try anything, however I am unsure on what the difference would be?

tubbs
01-27-2014, 08:09 AM
Make sure your drive is Fat or FAT32 formatted.
It made a difference on my DL-HD. Efat or NFSF would not work. And I would assume the same recording scheme is on the newer units.

pigvommit
01-28-2014, 06:57 AM
Make sure your drive is Fat or FAT32 formatted.
It made a difference on my DL-HD. Efat or NFSF would not work. And I would assume the same recording scheme is on the newer units.

Its not a recording issue tubby, it's playback of HD video via PVR; and when skipping chapters or fast forwarding video and lips lose sync, in addition to glitching and freezing. Aeonflux was trying to tell me that formatting the USB on the Dreamlink T5 rather then the PC was supposed to make a difference. However I am little confused how? May want to read all posts to see what the issue actually was.

lionking
02-07-2014, 09:26 PM
I was wondering if a new file bin could be released for the Dreamlink T5 HD unit for the PVR issues using various external USB Hard Drives with it. I am not trying to beg for a new file but it would help. It seems that no issue with playing PVR Events or Recordings connected to Dreamlink V.1 or 2 using bin bile 120 or 121. Playback is usually erratic using any External Hard Drive and I have used 3 different manufacturers (Lacie, Seagate and WD) on the D.L. T5 itself. I found Western Digital 1TB is the best for this at least no EPG Hanging or Freezing with it. With the D.L V.1 or 2 Seagate 1TB works well with that unit. Both Seagate and WD should able to work well when a new bin is released because they both are externally powered. Thanks in advance.

waynegrant
04-25-2014, 11:57 AM
I am also having trouble recording on Seagate.