PDA

View Full Version : best FTA RECEIVER OUT THERE ??

sgtcrash
01-06-2014, 06:13 PM
I have many gifferent old receivers mostly boat anchors , with in the last year i purchased a new lime sat HD air which after wards i found out that that was pretty much an obsolete product , has been freezing up to the point of having to turn off and reboot ,

Looking for something much more stable and reliable as im planning to be away for lengths of time and want to sling box to the condo in mexio with out having to worry and send someone to my home to reboot

any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

swanner
01-06-2014, 06:24 PM
im currently testing a ilink 9500hd, love it... no problems... I also test a nfusion phoenix sd.... the Nfusion requires a noi program to run separate, but no big deal...

lots of boxes out there... just have to research wich one would best suit your needs... i:e.. HD, Ethernet or WiFi, hdmi out. does it need seperate computer to run aswell.. etc..etc...

good luck

surfinisfun
01-06-2014, 06:54 PM
Well first, this is not the correct forum to be asking this question but that's not a big deal I'm sure someone on staff here will move it to the correct one.

The LS Air is a pretty solid unit, if its freezing there's a better chance that its a hardware or ISP issue, or the P$ you are currently using. Before putting out some money for a new unit that may end up doing the same thing i would get that LS issue solved first.

Just my opinion, good luck.

whoknows
01-06-2014, 06:57 PM
I have many gifferent old receivers mostly boat anchors , with in the last year i purchased a new lime sat HD air which after wards i found out that that was pretty much an obsolete product , has been freezing up to the point of having to turn off and reboot ,

Looking for something much more stable and reliable as im planning to be away for lengths of time and want to sling box to the condo in mexio with out having to worry and send someone to my home to reboot

any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

The freezing up is usually due to p$ that you are using and not the box. Try another p$ for a month and see if your freezing subsides. The limesat is as good a box as any. imho

sgtcrash
01-06-2014, 07:01 PM
dont mean freezing as in the channels , mean the box locks up and wont change channels or do anything , so you have to do a hard reboot , told its a hot chip issue

surfinisfun
01-06-2014, 07:04 PM
dont mean freezing as in the channels , mean the box locks up and wont change channels or do anything , so you have to do a hard reboot , told its a hot chip issue

If its getting to hot a 10$ laptop fan plugged into the usb port should fix that.

As for the new units out there, there are quite a few these days but i like the Dreamlink T5.

holly2012
01-06-2014, 07:13 PM
You could get a small latop cooling fan and put it on the top of the receiver to suck the heat out see if that works if it does then no need for a new receiver

sattester89
01-30-2014, 04:46 PM
Same question. I currently have an Nfusion HD and its running fine (linksys router and netgear wifi extenders)

I'm doing another setup at my other house and seeing how nfusions are harder to come by nowadays, i was wondering if I should consider a different receiver for this new setup?

I've heard a lot about jynxbox but don't know which model is best (android vs ultra hd?) and what the difficulty of setting it up is vs an Nfusion.

Any input would be greatly appreciated

DualTest
01-30-2014, 10:08 PM
If all you want free tv then these will stay "boat anchors". But if you search the many threads on this site, you will see that many of these receivers have been resurrected just because people had them in their closets and had the desire to learn. But again if all you want is free tv by all means buy another receiver.

sattester89
01-31-2014, 07:07 PM
So which of the new receivers is considered top of the line.