PDA

View Full Version : Remote receiver access (ie Slingbox etc)

access_denied
01-07-2014, 05:51 PM
Figure I should start a thread on remote receiver access. There's not a whole lot of coverage on the topic and I'm sure some people would be interested in catching the latest weather updates on the tube while they're on their lunch break at work ;) or away from the house.

What are you using and how has it been working for you?

I've read and heard a bit about the Slingbox products and apparent they work rather well. Not sure if I like the idea of having to register for an online account with a company owned by Charlie in order to watch tv remotely though.

Also a few receivers apparently support remote video with some additional setup. Looks like the Pinwheel receivers the Dreambox 500 and up including clones other other advanced Linux receivers.

Anyone know of any others? Suggestions and comments?

squirtNcider
01-08-2014, 06:24 PM
Was just looking at a slingbox today as I saw a brand new one for $80 and wondered if it would work with a nanosat premium SE or the new HD model. I was watching a tutorial on set-up and you have to choose your receiver type and that's where I was curious if one would work. Does anyone have this receiver set up with a slingbox or any other type of receiver? Except for a subbed seeing as that would be in the receiver list.
T.I.A