PDA

View Full Version : Stab vs DMS motors

ruthie
01-12-2014, 02:07 AM
Have had/ran a sg2100 motor fora lot of years now and worked great until tonight....seems it had its day....am looking at the sg6100(new) out as the 2100 is no longer supported and in production(from there web site)....have not heard to much about stab motors just getting a feeler if anyone has the new sg6100 and has any input? has a digital screen on it for tube angle etc. just another thing to go wrong i'm thinking....any input would be great if anyone has any....:thumbsup:

Terryl
01-12-2014, 06:27 AM
I switched over to the sg6100 after my new receiver caused the old sg2100 to swing full East and pop the motor controller in the sg2100.

Have had good luck and no problems with the sg6100.

ruthie
01-12-2014, 12:49 PM
Yes thanks Terryl, after some reading and research ordered a SG6100.....am going to tinker with it today as i have RG11 feeding motor/dish and think it snapped the F connector as its just not getting the DC power....trying to avoid taking whole motor off mast .....looks like assembly comes apart but not mounted??? will see how it goes anyone taken these motors apart before and some insight would be appreciated otherwise its another day on the roof setting up to the arc....LMAO

Costactc
01-12-2014, 02:48 PM
I have an sg6100 in the box until the weather gets better for install...stab motors are solid as a rock but extremely slow.

Terryl
01-12-2014, 04:32 PM
I took my old 2100 apart, it's not that complicated, you need a good solid vise to put it in and some tools, you may get a bit greasy.

Ineedanewusersname
01-12-2014, 10:31 PM
Uh, did you get it back together?;)

I took my old 2100 apart, it's not that complicated, you need a good solid vise to put it in and some tools, you may get a bit greasy.

Terryl
01-13-2014, 05:27 AM
Uh, did you get it back together?;)

Yup got it back together just fine, but without the motor controler PCB it will still try and go full East.

ruthie
01-19-2014, 01:44 AM
Update and thanks to all for spoon feeding and info.....ordered a sg6100 from World Wide Satellites, ordered express($$) shipping....heard nothing for 3 days so decided that as they stated 24hrs for orders shipped blah/blah/blah.....well after having to call them they concluded after the order was payed in full as it was right away they where out of stock of all motors besides a hh90(stab).....well they where cheaper and said i would take it if they could ship next day....after a 30 minute wait on hold she decided she would refund me....LMAO well just a heads up DO NOT BU ANYTHING FROM THEM....rude and just give you the run around....can not understand how a store that says they specialize in internet orders world wide has no stock and can't update there website to say so or even not accept the payment because there out of stock.....in long wind went out and found the trusty sg2100 for 50 bucks and just swapped them after tracing all nuts and bolts etc from old one.....

thanks all for help and hope if you use the vendor above you make sure they have what you want and they reply to you asap....

Costactc
01-19-2014, 02:55 PM
I have used WWS for years and have always got my equipment fast and always reliable.

ruthie
01-19-2014, 05:43 PM
I have used WWS for years and have always got my equipment fast and always reliable.

Maybe so....first time i used them and not impressed as they couldn't even ship the only motor they had express(and i was willing to pay)....maybe just a isolated incident and my luck it was me.....:noidea:

Costactc
01-19-2014, 07:45 PM
When ordering from WWS, which I do at least 5-10 times a year, it takes 4 days to be delivered and they also give me reductions depending on how much I have ordered from them. Give them another chance.

iq180
01-20-2014, 01:38 AM
Google=Sadoun sat= or ricks sat, I have had no problems with them.

Costactc
01-20-2014, 09:51 PM
I've dealt with Ricks and hypermegasat as well with excellent service but always takes a bit longer to get to Canada from the US.

ftastudent2
08-27-2014, 03:47 AM

Same here.