PDA

View Full Version : Slingbox and Dreamlink? Anyone got one going?

mikil123
01-18-2014, 02:58 PM
Hello folks, Anyone have a slingbox going with their FTA system? Would like to eventually give one a spin but dont want to fork oput the coin to find out it doesnt work well ? Thanks much Mikil

countysat
01-19-2014, 04:05 AM
Yes, I have one, tested it for a few months and it worked fine. I disconnected it as it was rarely used and just added to the clutter of wires in my home theatre. Keep in mind you'll need a internet connection close by to hook it up.

mikil123
01-19-2014, 04:57 AM
Yes thats good you got it going BUT ? Were you able to get slingbox to recognize your remote for your T5 ? All I would like to be able to do is channel up or down nothing fancy !Thanks Mikil

zhong
01-19-2014, 06:33 AM
I got it working for Dreamlink HD V.3. I assume T5 uses the same remote file.

Yes thats good you got it going BUT ? Were you able to get slingbox to recognize your remote for your T5 ? All I would like to be able to do is channel up or down nothing fancy !Thanks Mikil

mikil123
01-19-2014, 04:12 PM
I got it working for Dreamlink HD V.3. I assume T5 uses the same remote file.

I dont know Zhong ? Can you choose this remote code from the slingbox website while setting it up ? Can anyone out there verify this remote issue that Zhong posted please???? Thanks Mikil

rockman
01-20-2014, 02:48 AM

Hey Mikil I been searching and asking the same question about getting the slingbox to recognize T5 remote. After not getting any sure answers I was able to figure it out. In the slingbox choices of satellites use the Coolsat satellite as a substitute for Dreamlink. It's working fine for me.

mikil123
01-20-2014, 11:05 PM
Rockman, You rock Bro!!! I take it by your post you said you are using the T5 correct? but what slingbox solo, 350 or 500 ? They actually give you the choice when you pick satellite to choose a coolsat ? WOW, Didnt know that they supported any FTA receivers? All I want to be able to do with the T5 is channel up or down and power incase of a reboot. Can you do this right now with your unit?Thanks man. I pm'd yah Thanks again Mikil

rockman
01-21-2014, 01:55 AM
Rockman, You rock Bro!!! I take it by your post you said you are using the T5 correct? but what slingbox solo, 350 or 500 ? They actually give you the choice when you pick satellite to choose a coolsat ? WOW, Didnt know that they supported any FTA receivers? All I want to be able to do with the T5 is channel up or down and power incase of a reboot. Can you do this right now with your unit?Thanks man. I pm'd yah Thanks again Mikil

Yes it gives the choice when you pick satellite to choose coolsat. Yes it's working right now and as far as I can check all functions are working.

mikil123
01-21-2014, 10:16 PM
Yes it gives the choice when you pick satellite to choose coolsat. Yes it's working right now and as far as I can check all functions are working.

Bro I have a solo right now and cannot find "anywhere" coolsat??? in the satelliteline up, could you mean viewsat, sonicview, geosat,nfusion ?? Coolsat is NOT there??? Frustrated?

rockman
01-21-2014, 11:46 PM
Bro I have a solo right now and cannot find "anywhere" coolsat??? in the satelliteline up, could you mean viewsat, sonicview, geosat,nfusion ?? Coolsat is NOT there??? Frustrated?

Don't get frustrated It's there. I am using it and plus I doubled checked.

dukeathome
01-25-2014, 11:34 PM
works on slingbox 500 with coolsat pro settings

bodo
01-25-2014, 11:41 PM
I do, its great!

helsan
02-07-2014, 10:29 PM
Im using CoolSat 4000Pro setup on my Slingbox Solo and it works great