PDA

View Full Version : IKS Setup

Rock
01-21-2014, 06:53 PM
I'm going to go out on a limb here and assume that a true private server is one you set up yourself for your own usage only, correct? I read some of the posts and they seem to be misplaced. Does anyone actually have any info on what's actually involved with the server setup or links to other sites with info? Probably out of my league (I'm just a lowly sys admin) but thought I would ask anyway.

swanner
01-21-2014, 07:45 PM
none that I know of....
just a peep here, but not that good at peeping lol

Rock
01-23-2014, 02:01 AM
Judging by the lack of posts in this section I guess people would just rather donate to someone else. Come on people, you need to have hobbies besides just watching tv LOL

dishuser
01-23-2014, 02:13 AM
Judging by the lack of posts in this section I guess people would just rather donate to someone else. Come on people, you need to have hobbies besides just watching tv LOL
info on how to setup your own server is around
look for info on dreambox

Rock
01-23-2014, 10:40 PM
Indeed, Google does have info. Looks almost do-able, if one had a little extra cash and a lot of extra time to devote to such a project. Long-term project LOL.

swanner
01-23-2014, 10:51 PM
Hope you know how to make a bar of soap last..
Not worth it...... hint, hint..

cutie_tayler69
02-02-2018, 01:27 AM
I agree, Hobbies are good indeed. like, instead of finding a good VPN provider, how about find a good VPS/ VM hosting provider and setup your own VPN server, encrypt its file system and turn off all its logging :) even fine one that accepts bitcoin payments and doesn't require you to register customer information. (Check). On the IKS note I would be interested in figuring this out as well merely for something to do. Since there are no longer any cards to program, IRD TSOP's to read and modify :( From a sysadmin standpoint we know that the server setup on a VM or 2 hosted somewhere is the easy part :) ... True question is... Where is that server getting its CWORDs and other data from to provide to the boxes to unlock the channels and what other nifty software tools are running on that server to "serve that info"

jedi
02-02-2018, 05:50 AM
I agree, Hobbies are good indeed. like, instead of finding a good VPN provider, how about find a good VPS/ VM hosting provider and setup your own VPN server, encrypt its file system and turn off all its logging :) even fine one that accepts bitcoin payments and doesn't require you to register customer information. (Check). On the IKS note I would be interested in figuring this out as well merely for something to do. Since there are no longer any cards to program, IRD TSOP's to read and modify :( From a sysadmin standpoint we know that the server setup on a VM or 2 hosted somewhere is the easy part :) ... True question is... Where is that server getting its CWORDs and other data from to provide to the boxes to unlock the channels and what other nifty software tools are running on that server to "serve that info"

Find yourself a copy of Raton's FSLB or Bowman's CSP software to use as the load balancer - then all you need is Raton's RQCS software running on a DreamBox 500-S and you're good to go.

Once you see it in action - it actually is pretty easy to set up. The config file for CSP or FSLB looks very complicated - but if you read through the examples you could do it yourself in a day just playing with it and experimenting.
If someone gives you a copy of the config file and if you had some Bell 3100 receivers subscribed that are jTagged with keys read you could be up and running in under an hour.

cutie_tayler69
02-02-2018, 02:31 PM
Interesting, research to do! Thank you :) and some digging through storage to find the toolbox with the goodies and of course jKeys - You best believe I still have subbed 3100's that are read/writeable

jedi
02-02-2018, 05:24 PM
I think most people have abandoned Bowman's CSP and are using FSLB. Send me a PM if you need some help.

kimokuro
03-25-2018, 01:16 AM
Looking for help with something like this, please pm me.

digitalcelery
04-01-2018, 06:11 AM
Looking for help with something like this, please pm me.

what kind of help

rpm510
05-17-2018, 05:25 PM
what kind of help

your PM full.

digitalcelery
09-09-2018, 11:08 PM
try again, cleaned it.