PDA

View Full Version : Cause of occasional picture freeze and scramble channel but with perfect audio...

reggiesout
02-02-2014, 12:38 AM
hi all. I tried looking for this but couldn't find it. it seems that every so often I get the scramble channel message on a frozen screen. however the audio continues to work perfectly, if I stay on the channel, and then eventually the picture comes back and it works fine until the next time it happens.it definitely is not either of the two ps that I have. Is this possibly because of the low power supply that is mentioned a few times or is it because of something else that I can actually fix? let me know. thanks.

jventur9
02-02-2014, 02:40 PM
I was getting this problem to for about 2 weeks, since the day I got this receiver, I think this happens when the receiver gets to hot. I put the receiver on top of a cooling fan that I used for another receiver and I have not got this problem since. that was 4 days ago.

reggiesout
02-06-2014, 12:30 AM
Cooling fan worked for a bit, but it still happened regardless. Using that logic though I moved it to an open air location, rather than in the tv cabinet where it was, and it appears to be happening a lot less.

Dzaster
02-06-2014, 12:35 AM
Next time it happens hit the info button and check to see what color the sig and q bars are red or blue and post back.

reggiesout
02-09-2014, 09:19 PM
Been checking for a while now and it seems to be blue with values around 80

cmangle
02-10-2014, 03:06 AM
I don't think signal nor heat is the issue I've seen the pixelation and freeze happen within minutes after startup. Tgere's no time to overheat. I'm using the foam which by far beats the alum heat sink. Pixelation/Freezing is NOT HD exclusive, all signals (HD and SD) go thru the dl100. I think there's a bug in the the sw!

IMHO