PDA

View Full Version : Lnb output

robz2801
02-04-2014, 11:00 AM
I would like to compare lnb output voltage to other local users if possible. I am currently getting VERT=13.7 and HOR=19.9 both are VDC and unloaded. When 22K signal is turned on the voltage jumps to vert=14.10 and horz=20.25!!! YIKES. The receiver can't lock on the vertical transponders and only scans horizontal. I have verified the system grounds, and switch condition and ran new rg6. I am aware of the tuner issue with these units!!! My other receivers work perfectly with the system so possible the linkbox needs to go under the knife. Thanks in advance

regret
02-09-2014, 11:17 AM
I would like to compare lnb output voltage to other local users if possible. I am currently getting VERT=13.7 and HOR=19.9 both are VDC and unloaded. When 22K signal is turned on the voltage jumps to vert=14.10 and horz=20.25!!! YIKES. The receiver can't lock on the vertical transponders and only scans horizontal. I have verified the system grounds, and switch condition and ran new rg6. I am aware of the tuner issue with these units!!! My other receivers work perfectly with the system so possible the linkbox needs to go under the knife. Thanks in advance
their is a technical bulletin & a repair method on a other fta site I assume you don't have signal on vertical transponders, sorry I can not post the link you will have to look around in the alphabet start with the F letter, or go to link box site & look for technical Bulletin T-70213

robz2801
02-09-2014, 11:08 PM
Thank you, I am aware of the TSB, it is posted here as well as manufactures website, but I have talked to a tech at Linkbox Media and was advised to send it in for warranty repair. So away she goes :noidea:

Terryl
02-10-2014, 05:42 AM
You can't test the receiver to LNB switching voltage without a proper test bed to do so.

A standard DVM will not be able to test it correctly if it's receiving a signal from the satellite, the inductive and reactive DC load will change if you attach any type of DVM or other type of multimeter to the center conductor of the coax running to the LNB or receiver under test.

A proper LNB test bed will not load down or change the DC characteristics of the coax, nor it's inductive or reactive DC or AC load of the coax, but will test the DC voltage and DC current of the LNB or receiver under test, without affecting the device under test.