PDA

View Full Version : Nano hd review

#1tiny
02-11-2014, 07:14 PM
hello everyone. i am here to post what i think of the new nano hd cause i have been testing for a couple of days.
ok here we go. there are lots of things i do not like about this receiver starting with the bev guide. how can i say this, it sucks lol. it does have a nice picture for hd but thats about all i like so far. you can't have lets say bev and dish in one guide and have all the channels sorted by sid. it will put channels all over the effffing place. there is no sat button on the remote so you have to go into menu,edit channels,move over. left or right to change sats, then if you want them sorted by sid to put the channels are in order you have to click edit then sort, then service id just to get them to sort by sid. lol. if you change say to bev you have to do all of that again. I still have a nfusion hd from way back and even it has a sat button so you don't have to go into menu to do all of this. ok it has 5 p.s spots but i can only get server 1 and 2 to work. 3,4,5 wont let you connect. another thing i don't like is if i am in the guide and i find something i want to watch and click ok it puts it on that channel but you have to hit exit to get on that channels out of the guide. when you go from watching a channel and go into guide you loose sound for about 4 sec's or more. same if you come out of the guide. one good thing about it is that it doesn't seem to run hot and it doesn't even have a fan. i know with there last file they did fix the guide for dn but they sure need a lot more fixing to do. not sure if anyone know a guy from another site that go's by manka but he was telling me how awesome this nano hd is and the t5 is crap lol so i told him what i thought about the nano hd and got banned off of his site. anyway if i am missing any things about this nano that will make my life easyier plz let me know. thanks everyone.

Costactc
02-11-2014, 07:33 PM
I have 3 servers all functioning with my nano hd. In order to change satellite, without having to go into the menu, just press ok and scroll through your sats at the top. I think you should have done a bit more reading before posting.

steveng
02-11-2014, 08:02 PM
For the price of HD receivers now I think it's a bit ridiculous for people to expect them to run perfectly. The picture difference alone would make me choose a Nano HD over a T5 which has it's own problems. It's nice to see the receiver being supported and the next few bins should fix a few of the known problems we hope. The problems with the Nano might be a bit annoying but the overall operation is still good.

#1tiny
02-11-2014, 08:18 PM
I have 3 servers all functioning with my nano hd. In order to change satellite, without having to go into the menu, just press ok and scroll through your sats at the top. I think you should have done a bit more reading before posting.
Why read more? I am telling u what I found. So I take it u mean hit ok when your on a channel? Also do u use server 1,2,3? I can only get 1,and two to work. Any idea why??

Costactc
02-11-2014, 08:26 PM
Why read more? I am telling u what I found. So I take it u mean hit ok when your on a channel? Also do u use server 1,2,3? I can only get 1,and two to work. Any idea why??

No idea, server 1, 2 and 3 on my stb. Just hit ok button when watching and look at the top and scroll through your sats.

PremiereElite
02-11-2014, 08:30 PM
I had up to 5 servers in my Network settings before (too bad they all have same programs lol).. If your info isnt correct it won't accept it PERIOD!!

Pang13
02-11-2014, 11:59 PM
Its nice to write review, but like Costactc say, maybe u should have read more. You may find solution to simple problems. I think reason u got banned was your language towards staff, but this is no issue here. Be patience as new files will be release.

Pang13.....

bobby
02-12-2014, 12:22 AM
For the price of HD receivers now I think it's a bit ridiculous for people to expect them to run perfectly. The picture difference alone would make me choose a Nano HD over a T5 which has it's own problems. It's nice to see the receiver being supported and the next few bins should fix a few of the known problems we hope. The problems with the Nano might be a bit annoying but the overall operation is still good.

absolutley, the pic quality alone is outstanding, aside from some issues the box works well, comparing the pic quality to the t5 the nano HD blows the t5 away in both HD and especially in SD imo, the nano HD has some annoying issues but works well as far as watching tv with no disconnects or freezing related issues, being a new receiver bugs are expected and as long as issues are being worked on that is all most expect, seeing a new file released not too long ago it seems to have support at this time and hopefully some of the more important bugs like epg for the north and scanning and sorting issues some are having get resolved, really enjoying the picture the nano HD produces and really impressed with the SD pic as most HD receivers have a crappy SD pic for the most part

#1tiny
02-12-2014, 02:52 AM
absolutley, the pic quality alone is outstanding, aside from some issues the box works well, comparing the pic quality to the t5 the nano HD blows the t5 away in both HD and especially in SD imo, the nano HD has some annoying issues but works well as far as watching tv with no disconnects or freezing related issues, being a new receiver bugs are expected and as long as issues are being worked on that is all most expect, seeing a new file released not too long ago it seems to have support at this time and hopefully some of the more important bugs like epg for the north and scanning and sorting issues some are having get resolved, really enjoying the picture the nano HD produces and really impressed with the SD pic as most HD receivers have a crappy SD pic for the most partyes I agree with you. Getting used to my nano HD now. It is growing on me.

ftanewbie
02-15-2014, 11:03 PM
I only have one question..... "is it 100% freeze free?"

PremiereElite
02-15-2014, 11:21 PM
I only have one question..... "is it 100% freeze free?"
Only freeze is server related

ftanewbie
02-16-2014, 12:12 AM
Only freeze is server related

im talking about issues like the SE model and timing issues.

dishuser
02-16-2014, 12:36 AM
im talking about issues like the SE model and timing issues.

why compare it to an unrelated stb?

vicvan
02-16-2014, 01:18 AM
is any one finding that when you change sets from 110 to 119 or 129 you loose signal you must go up or down to get a signal than you ok ,i have lagesy LNBs

PremiereElite
02-16-2014, 01:38 AM
is any one finding that when you change sets from 110 to 119 or 129 you loose signal you must go up or down to get a signal than you ok ,i have lagesy LNBs

I do not have legacy LNBs but my DPP 1000.2 is working like a charm along with the Wifi I setup today.. ;)

ftanewbie
02-16-2014, 04:49 PM
why compare it to an unrelated stb?

well is the Nano brand.....just wondering if is the same vendor that made the SE also makes the HD

dishuser
02-16-2014, 04:52 PM
well is the Nano brand.....just wondering if is the same vendor that made the SE also makes the HD

nano
the se is a nanosat
not the same

vrlisuzzo
02-16-2014, 08:54 PM
Has any one got the wifi to work on the nano hd?

PremiereElite
02-16-2014, 11:38 PM
Has any one got the wifi to work on the nano hd?
Yes I have and its working awesome..:thumbsup:

squirtNcider
02-17-2014, 12:41 AM
Just realized the Nano HD works with the Nanosat SE remote.....Which you can use with a Harmony Remote since the SE is on the Harmony List in case anyone else wanted to know.....

amok
02-17-2014, 12:00 PM
nano
the se is a nanosat
not the same

Not the same model but both made by Nanosat as far as I know, (not that I know very much) and the post about SE remote working with Nano HD seems to support this. Not sure what you mean by "not the same"....

dishuser
02-17-2014, 01:40 PM
Not the same model but both made by Nanosat as far as I know, (not that I know very much) and the post about SE remote working with Nano HD seems to support this. Not sure what you mean by "not the same"....

where on the box does it have the word nanosat?

amok
02-17-2014, 01:43 PM
where on the box does it have the word nanosat?

Why is the Nano HD under the Nanosat Forum heading?

dishuser
02-17-2014, 01:48 PM
Why is the Nano HD under the Nanosat Forum heading?ask the admin who set it up...lol

amok
02-17-2014, 02:24 PM
Guess I am just hoping they are from the same family. Had good luck with Nano Premium and went with the Nano Hd because I figured they are related. Hasnt arrived yet so time will tell.

filippo
02-17-2014, 02:57 PM
its the same make from same family their remote controls work with the nanosat and the hd

dishuser
02-17-2014, 03:48 PM
its the same make from same family their remote controls work with the nanosat and the hd

same factory isn't same make ;)

ftv
02-17-2014, 10:32 PM
Why is the Nano HD under the Nanosat Forum heading?
As well it could be under CNX forum LOL

ftv
02-17-2014, 10:35 PM
its the same make from same family their remote controls work with the nanosat and the hdHow about Harmony remont control? What family it belongs? lol

RIPducks
02-17-2014, 10:46 PM
How about Harmony remont control? What family it belongs? lol

Logitech family, pig nose freckled red head? sir you must be very rich to own a harmony, cost my yearly income

JEFFJAZZY
09-07-2014, 06:02 PM
Hey fellows and ladies, I just put in the ls500 modular into my nano hd and I rescanned for channels. 129 came in with hd package. But the problem for me is the 129 won't lock causing my hd pictures to freeze like crazy and this is all hd channels. Can anybody assist in some expert information that may help me out.p

squirtNcider
09-08-2014, 09:53 AM
Mine does the same but only on some TP's. I think it may be an aiming issue. What type of bracket are you using?

JEFFJAZZY
09-09-2014, 07:44 PM
I am using a 3 head lnb hd dish but I have perfect signal and strength both r in the high 80's. But there is something not right why it won't lock I don't think it's the pointing of the dish in my case but the files has bugs.

amok
09-09-2014, 08:08 PM
Can't believe folks are still using this hopeless receiver with basically one software release that barely makes the grade. Guess the massage has not filtered through.

Irish
09-15-2014, 04:17 PM
Can't believe folks are still using this hopeless receiver with basically one software release that barely makes the grade. Guess the massage has not filtered through.

Agreed......

squirtNcider
09-15-2014, 09:13 PM
Yeah, Im actually looking into a different one now but its too bad as the pic quality is great. Not sure if the receiver itself is to blame for not locking onto sats correctly tho, but its possible.

peewee3
09-19-2014, 02:43 AM
okay guys here's the problem with the nano hd box the HD module is overheating when it overheats you to lose your signal on 129 I tried three different HD modules till I found out what the problem was first I thought the dish pointing was off but it wasn't I took the top off the box and put a table small stand fan to blow on the module the freezing and overheat and stop when I talked to fan anyway the freezing and over heat ing started again I put it back to bow on top of the box the freezing and overheat and stop there are a lot of bad HD modules that overheats give that a try before you throw it away

masonjar
10-11-2014, 05:38 PM
Having used the Nano Hd for a few months I would like to put in my two cents worth.
Channel scanning is subpar and I have to blind scan to get some channels to come in which means a lot of duplicates. Easy to get rid of the duplicates, right? Not so. You can't do it from the EPG but must exit and it takes over 12 separate actions on the remote control to delete a channel. If you accidently hit a wrong button the unit will exit and you must start all over again and it's all too easy to delete all the channels which requires another blind scan.
I still can't figure out how to move around the EPG quickly. In other words to go from 111 to 526 it's either a lengthy page by page movement or I must exit the EPG and then punch in the new channel and then resubmit the EPG which may or may not come in populated.
About the EPG....it's definitely not there yet. Some channels don't come in at all and the channel display doesn't line up timewise to the larger display of the channel. The EPG population is only for a few hours anyway.
The PVr records but playback freezes and pixilates, so it's unwatchable and I have tried all different drives with no change.
In a most ironic turn, the files produced by the PVR are apparently encoded so that only the Nano will play them back.
If anyone has workarounds for these problems I would love to hear it. Otherwise I will be looking for another unit.