PDA

View Full Version : Abuse of Great Danes all too common: Danes in Distress....

henric
02-14-2014, 11:57 PM
A 32-year-old man faces animal cruelty charges in connection with an extremely emiaciated Great Dane who was allegedly sold onlin. Charlie, the 5-year-old dog, was near death when it was surrendered...

hutch
02-15-2014, 01:04 AM
Great Dane Rescue Society does do a lot in the states too... I had one once... because of their size & build they don't live very long comparably but can live to be 10. I've heard 8 is more the norm... fantastic companions tho

jazzman
02-15-2014, 03:07 AM
I've always been a dog person and I've had 2 Danes in the past. The first one was average size and loved everyone as there were 2 little girls that lived down the street and they would come over and ring the bell and ask if "Lucas" could come out to play. I would sit on the porch and watch and he was so careful with his paws and weight so as not to harm the girls even tho they would crawl all over him and wrestle with him for hours. He loved it lol. The second Dane I had was above normal size and then he had a skin problem and we had to give him 2 cortisone pills daily and he gained enough weight that he was over 200 lbs but he was a funny duck cause if a stranger walked up to him and grabbed him around the head and scratched his ears he was your friend for life but If you saw him (he was all black) and went Aaaaa! he would snarl and growl and only make you more afraid of him. I used to love letting him answer the door when solicitors would come around...I never knew Johovas witnesses could run so fast LMAO. Such a shame to see any dog abused in any way...