PDA

View Full Version : Expertise needed!

vikibhar
02-16-2014, 06:27 PM
I am in Mississauga, ON and I can't keep paying $170.00 per month to my cable company.
I have no idea how this satellite thing works; however I have been told that I can pay as less as $20.00 per month and watch all American channels.
Would appreciate if anyone knows of any vendors in GTA area who can hook me up with dish & receiver.

folcan99
02-16-2014, 06:29 PM
I am in Mississauga, ON and I can't keep paying $170.00 per month to my cable company.
I have no idea how this satellite thing works; however I have been told that I can pay as less as $20.00 per month and watch all American channels.
Would appreciate if anyone knows of any vendors in GTA area who can hook me up with dish & receiver.

If you go on Kijiji.ca you can find lots of people who hook up dishes. As for the PS, once you have the dish up, you can come back and we can all help you. There a lots available.

whositwhatnow
02-16-2014, 06:30 PM
i'd recommend you read up on IKS and what it does before you spend any cash. too many newbies don't read then complain when it doesn't work.
you'll be better off reading and researching on it then being spoon fed.

vikibhar
02-16-2014, 06:53 PM
A friend of mine paid $400.00 to get dish hooked up along with Jynx box and he pays $20.00 monthly to that guy for the service.
Is there anyone you know of?

folcan99
02-16-2014, 07:01 PM
A friend of mine paid $400.00 to get dish hooked up along with Jynx box and he pays $20.00 monthly to that guy for the service.
Is there anyone you know of?

You can get someone to do it for $200.00 bucks and then you can purchase the box on your own and buy the codes and do it yourself. There's lots of help here if you need to know how its done but you do need to know that its not always going to be up. There are times when it goes down and you wont have any TV so I wouldn't exactly cancel your cable. You can just order the basic for times that it does go down.

Nostradamus
02-16-2014, 08:05 PM
ask your freind what his buddys name is

jvvh5897
02-16-2014, 09:10 PM
Well, you have to have internet, so the base cost per month for IKS should include the cost of that (you might be getting it from cable company anyway, so would your overall cost really go down?). Then you have to figure out the potential cost of doing it illegaly--might be thousands of dollars. I don't think it is worth it, there are lots of cheap entertainment options if you have internet and true FTA offers some entertainment too and is legal.

General rule is that if you want TV pay for it, if you want a hobby then buy an FTA box.