PDA

View Full Version : Can I dust off my K1?

kelloggfan
03-09-2014, 01:53 PM
Am I correct is seeing that the KBox is up and running on rocket?

zhong
03-09-2014, 02:28 PM
What version K-hub you have ?
I think the early original hub doesn't work.
Later version V4 khub, does, but they sell a lot of clone hubs which brick the K-box if used.
I think you can only buy them from the internet, but you can't tell whether seller is selling you an authentic hub which works or not. I think the hub cost quite a bit to buy too. So might as well buy a HD receiver which does support.

Am I correct is seeing that the KBox is up and running on rocket?

kelloggfan
03-09-2014, 02:35 PM
understood...if it is easy to get it running, that would be great. not going to jump through hoops to get it going...or spend a lot. thanks for the info. and I looked for hubV4 a while ago...they are not easy to come by.

PLOKNOY6
03-09-2014, 07:58 PM
What do i need to get my Kbox prodigy running

pls. help

hedley
03-09-2014, 08:02 PM
you might try starting your own thread so that you don't hijack kelloggfan's thread.

slayer
03-15-2014, 07:03 AM
Later version V4 khub, does, but they sell a lot of clone hubs which brick the K-box if used.
I think you can only buy them from the internet, but you can't tell whether seller is selling you an authentic hub which works or not. I think the hub cost quite a bit to buy too. So might as well buy a HD receiver which does support.
i think the clone hubs will only brick the k-box if you try to load the ps file "107" to get bev. from what ive read anyways

torpainter
03-15-2014, 10:58 AM

huh? Any hub bought now has to be considered a clone hub and you must use the correct files to load your kbox A clone hub is also only good for the south provider.You can send your hub away and get it upgraded for 10-15 bucks while clone hubs go for 40 -50 bucks