PDA

View Full Version : Tell me about it

sunrise
03-10-2014, 01:04 AM
Is this box any good. I would like to hear users opinions - My sister in Calif wants to try FTA so she needs a box
does it run hot
how is the EPG

I know it does not have s/pdif -anything else

what do you LIKE about the box?
what about what you dont like

TurboPirate
03-10-2014, 01:07 AM
All I know is that from all 3 8000HD models the Local is the best....

lamothefitz
03-22-2014, 04:30 PM
I just got mine setup a few days ago. HD quality looks good, but the SD quality sucks (way worse than my CNX Nano2) and seeing there aren't that many HD channels that I watch I'm really disappointed and - while in the EPG then exiting out to watch a program sometimes it takes 30 seconds for the sound to come on after the picture. also sometimes there's quite a bit on voice lag.

lamothefitz
03-30-2014, 09:45 PM
I take back most of what I said about the box. I've had it running about two weeks and it is getting better as I've redone the factory/3rd party setting a couple times. my only complaint now is when exiting the EPG it still takes about 30 seconds before I get any audio.

TurboPirate
03-30-2014, 10:03 PM
I take back most of what I said about the box. I've had it running about two weeks and it is getting better as I've redone the factory/3rd party setting a couple times. my only complaint now is when exiting the EPG it still takes about 30 seconds before I get any audio.

I was going to ask you if you tried the receiver's picture settings to adjust the SD ane HD channels. I know this receicer is way better than the Openbox S10 but with the S10 I can adjust picture quality. TurboPirate