PDA

View Full Version : Half Dead Ultra Lite

TurboPirate
03-17-2014, 06:05 PM
Hello gang trying to help a familiar with a new ultra lite he said it was bricked what I notice is that it has no RCA image output nor HDMI both show NO SIGNAL on my TV Using the RS232 cable I have loaded the factory file no issues then the v035 all chunks because the loader doesn't let me load any other file like the v036 or v111, also notice the remote control is different from the other 3 I have setup, this one is a bit bigger and shiny also I opened it up the fan is bolted to the top plastic cover when the others I checked the fan was taped or glued to the CPU here some photos..

Nostradamus
03-17-2014, 06:12 PM
looks like it might have been from a different production run

holly2012
03-17-2014, 06:12 PM
The original Jynx Ultra Lite the fan was bolted to the cover Plus there have been 3 different remotes for the Lite the one you have is probably the original remote Make sure you loade the right Factory bin there were 2 of them one was used for the testing of the receiver by testers and the other was the public release

TurboPirate
03-17-2014, 06:27 PM
The original Jynx Ultra Lite the fan was bolted to the cover Plus there have been 3 different remotes for the Lite the one you have is probably the original remote Make sure you loade the right Factory bin there were 2 of them one was used for the testing of the receiver by testers and the other was the public release

now I wonder wish one I need for this receiver

Anubis
03-17-2014, 06:37 PM
The factory file posted here is the proper one. The beta one was not released here.Then load 035 and see if you get picture.

holly2012
03-17-2014, 06:39 PM
There is only one Factory Bin for the Lite posted here so its probably the Public one try it
http://www.satfix.net/showthread.php?138637-Jynxbox-Lite-Factory-file

TurboPirate
03-17-2014, 07:32 PM
Tried it what I am trying now is to load factory file 3 to 4 consecutive times and see if I get video

Anubis
03-17-2014, 07:42 PM
Have you tried swapping JB200 with another to rule that out.

TurboPirate
03-17-2014, 08:11 PM
Have you tried swapping JB200 with another to rule that out.

Nope but I did remove the JB200 and tried it without the module, but I can try with another module,,,,,thanks brb Turbo

TurboPirate
03-17-2014, 08:19 PM
A bit out of topic but since I am dealing with this let me share my 2 cents, I have heard many stuff about the noise of the fan in the Ultra Lite, all the 3 Ultra Lite I have setup for friends have the fan glued to the CPU and my opinion then was "Don't know what members are nagging about this doesn't make any noise at all" but today dealing with this one wish has the fan bolted to the upper plastic cover I have to say it does make some uncomfortable noise, the other thing I said it was no difference at all was a front display, "I always said I look at the TV not the display"But if this Ultra Lite would of have a front display I could see if the remote is working even tho I have no image at the TV, the only thing I can confirm is if the receiver turns OFF with the remote when Green LED goes OFF and RED LED goes ON, haven't tried it but I will right now. Thanks in advance Turbo

TurboPirate
03-17-2014, 10:23 PM
OK tried with different JB200 same thing, tried the remote control to see if the receiver goes OFF, nope it stood ON with green LED ON, tried the remote control of the Ultra Lite with another Jynxbox V3 and the remote works with the other Jynxbox, tried the remote control of the other Jynxbox V3 with the Ultra Lite and the Ultra Lite doesn't work, I did this test using the Factory file found here, now I'll try the v035 and will report back. Thanks Turbo

TurboPirate
03-17-2014, 10:31 PM
Sometimes I get this error message then retry OK, is it all good?

Open Serial Port..
Sync to serial port..
Send Address..
Download All Chunk
Burn Flash, DO NOT power off!
->Error:No Packet receive!
in execute command:burn
Retry...OK
Then I get pop up window with
Upgrade success!
I found on board a signature Jynx Ultra Lite V1.2

beruca01
03-25-2014, 06:22 AM
I have the same problem, with the same result, but I firmly believe that I killed the receiver. I have experimented with several receivers in the past but I always managed to bring them back to life by using the info from different forums, this Junkbox was not a good receiver from the get go.
Anyways, this is what testing is all about.
Good luck to you.

Sometimes I get this error message then retry OK, is it all good?

Open Serial Port..
Sync to serial port..
Send Address..
Download All Chunk
Burn Flash, DO NOT power off!
->Error:No Packet receive!
in execute command:burn
Retry...OK
Then I get pop up window with
Upgrade success!
I found on board a signature Jynx Ultra Lite V1.2

TurboPirate
03-25-2014, 11:26 AM
This one will get replaced. thank you

Anubis
03-25-2014, 02:14 PM
I have the same problem, with the same result, but I firmly believe that I killed the receiver. I have experimented with several receivers in the past but I always managed to bring them back to life by using the info from different forums, this Junkbox was not a good receiver from the get go.
Anyways, this is what testing is all about.
Good luck to you.

Even though you have an issue it does not give you permission to bash the brand per site rules.

DementePR
03-25-2014, 06:02 PM
OK Turbo .. Dices que le entroducistes el factory bin y cuando la conectas al TV no te da imagen . Ya esto me sucedio y solo ahi dos formas de obtener imagen .

Conectar al TV y despues que la enciendes espera 2 minutos pq este recepter se tarda en subir .

Obcion 1- Oprimir el boton de aspecto siempre esperando de 10 a 15 segundos para luego volver a precionarlo hasta que aparesca la imagen .

Obcion 2- Ir a ciegas en el menu hasta llegar en la parte donde cambias la resolucion de la imagen de 480 , 720 . 1080 i o 1080 p .

Estos pasos los recomiendo en HDMI o en Video Componet ya que algunas en Video RCA no tienen imagen .

Les mensionaria los pasos a ciegas pero no me encuentro con una jynxbox de frente en estos momentos .

Turbo .. podrias traducir ? Google aveses no es perfecto jaja

TurboPirate
03-26-2014, 12:13 AM
Je je, esa es buena, pero aquí va.
After factory file was loaded you don't get video image? this Happened to me before. there are only 2 ways to get image, connect the TV then turn it ON wait 2 minutes because this receiver takes a bit long to boot.

Option #1 press the aspect ratio button waiting 10-15 seconds between next try until you get image.

Option #2 browse the menu blind until you get to the aspect ratio and change it 480, 575, 720 and 1080.

Thanks Demente the thing is that this receiver never responded to the remote control. TurboPirate

diode
03-27-2014, 06:49 PM
You might try hooking it up to a video projector if you have access to one. They auto-scan through different video sources and can display almost anything.

TurboPirate
03-27-2014, 08:14 PM
Good idea for next time because this stb is already in the Mail. TurboPirate