PDA

View Full Version : Rossi to drive in practice in Canada and USA

bigbadbrother
04-25-2014, 05:34 PM
Alexander Rossi will take part in FP1 at Montreal and Austin, Caterham has confirmed.

The American has yet to sample the 2014 car on track, and the Canadian GP weekend will be his first chance to try it.

“Each time I step into F1 machinery there is an important job to do,” said Rossi. “Montreal and Austin are important races for me and I want to thank Caterham for the opportunity to continue my development to a full-time race seat in F1.

“My GP2 program combined with my F1 team reserve driver duties give me invaluable insight and experience for my future. I’ve built up a lot of hours in the F1 simulator already this year, but Montreal will be my first visit behind the wheel of the CT05 on track.”

Team boss Cyril Abiteboul added: “While his focus this year is firmly on GP2, we are pleased to give him more opportunities to play an active role in the F1 team’s race weekends and to have him help us develop our car at two races that are very important for us, both in terms of our season overall and with the strong support we have commercially in the North American continent.”