PDA

View Full Version : OpenBox x5?

jamilou
05-02-2014, 07:50 PM
Hi Guys,

I've done some reading on this website but I'm still confused to what receiver I should buy.
I want something cheap to replace my CW600SP. My actual receiver is always connected to my laptop via serial port and limits my laptop use. If I buy an X-fta dongle + a remote to replace the one I lost, It'll cost as much as a new receiver. (60$+15$+tx).
I was thinking of an OpenBox X5 that comes with a wifi antenna(around 80$). Seems like I won't get channel names and HD. I'm okay with that. (as long as the image quality is not as lousy as the CW's)

What do you think? Am I going to have problems to configure the OpenBox X5 with the Tutu servers?
Some other cheap iks receivers that you might think of ?

Thakn you for your help

iq180
05-03-2014, 12:17 AM
Hi Guys,

I've done some reading on this website but I'm still confused to what receiver I should buy.
I want something cheap to replace my CW600SP. My actual receiver is always connected to my laptop via serial port and limits my laptop use. If I buy an X-fta dongle + a remote to replace the one I lost, It'll cost as much as a new receiver. (60$+15$+tx).
I was thinking of an OpenBox X5 that comes with a wifi antenna(around 80$). Seems like I won't get channel names and HD. I'm okay with that. (as long as the image quality is not as lousy as the CW's)

What do you think? Am I going to have problems to configure the OpenBox X5 with the Tutu servers?
Some other cheap iks receivers that you might think of ?

Thakn you for your help
The openbox is ok but there is no epg & no sort by sid option, the jynxbox has epg but you need a power inserter if you use
DPP LNBs, the clone jynxbox V5+ works great with DPP LNBs but the wifi don't work, wired internet works or wifi bridge works
and it has a working guide.
you can find more info on the jynxbox clone in the cloned receiver section.
Do your homework before you buy any receiver.