PDA

View Full Version : Would like to know??

pgjeepster
05-14-2014, 09:34 PM
I had this reply on another thread, so I will start the question on a new post. I really dislike it when I get the bad/no signal thing you have to re-boot and then I lose my EPG and have to re-populate and if the channel I want is no/bad sig I lose it (EPG) again, bothersome to say the least. Now does anyone know if this new BLUE module fixes this?? holly2012 could you verify this, I would really appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by holly2012 View Post
There is a new improved Original DL100 its Blue with an Aluminum heat sink better picture and its supposed to stop the Bad or No Signal issue

Is this a fact from somewhere? I find the bad/no signal a pain in the butt. Where did you hear/read about this? The blue module is $40 and my original works fine just the no signal thing when you change channels! If it works I'll pick one up, but I could not find any info on it.

ftaforever
05-15-2014, 02:23 AM
The new blue DL100 is an improved module and is said to fix some issues and improve picture quality slightly better then the Green Board but I have not heard of it fixing Bad or No Signal, usually this is caused usually by the module not working properly so simply changing the module would most likely fix it weather its the New one or the old one.

bobby
05-15-2014, 03:19 AM
The new blue DL100 is an improved module and is said to fix some issues and improve picture quality slightly better then the Green Board but I have not heard of it fixing Bad or No Signal, usually this is caused usually by the module not working properly so simply changing the module would most likely fix it weather its the New one or the old one.

when you say "is an improved module and is said to fix some issues and improve picture quality slightly better then the Green Board"
who exactly is saying this??? where did you get this info??? did this come directly from the dreamlink team and if it did can you point me where it is posted as I can not locate anything official, thanks

ftaforever
05-15-2014, 03:21 AM
when you say "is an improved module and is said to fix some issues and improve picture quality slightly better then the Green Board"
who exactly is saying this??? where did you get this info??? did this come directly from the dreamlink team and if it did can you point me where it is posted as I can not locate anything official, thanks

Its from the dreamlink Team.

pgjeepster
05-15-2014, 05:00 AM

What "issues" does it fix? I wasn't aware of other issues? what are they? maybe I'm lucky with only the bad signal problem. So you say if I change the module it will solve the no/bad signal? I find it hard to believe that quite a few people have this in common for it not to be an inherent problem. holly2012 claimed it fixed the no/bad signal issue, who and what are we to believe? where is it posted that it fixes issues? not that I doubt people, but I need some facts to justify a 40$ purchase. If it is a fix then the expense isn't in question. Just a simple confirmation of claim is all I ask. Like Sargent Joe Friday use to say "just the facts ma'am, just the facts."

whoknows
05-15-2014, 10:31 AM
You asked and started more than one thread if the new module would fix your problem and you were told as a matter of "fact" by ftaforever and holly2012 that it would. ..
Those are the facts "just the facts man".

Fastcompany
05-15-2014, 10:40 AM
Could it be the switch you are using causing this? I know they don't like the SW21 switches? Or alignment off a bit?

ftaforever
05-15-2014, 01:17 PM
Could it be the switch you are using causing this? I know they don't like the SW21 switches? Or alignment off a bit?

I was having that issue and that's what fixed mine, swapping out the switch but there are incidents that it was the module as well so you really cant tell. Try the switch first and if that did not fix your problem then I would swap out the module.

hedley
05-15-2014, 01:36 PM
Try re-seating your present module first ans clean the board with Electrical Contact Cleaner, these thingies tend to come loose during shipping.