PDA

View Full Version : Susie Wolff first run in Williams F1 car in Spain

bigbadbrother
05-15-2014, 12:24 AM
fuxsports

Susie Wolff had a good day of testing in the Williams FW36 as she prepared for her FP1 outings in Britain and Germany in July.

Wolff had a minor off early on, but she completed 55 laps and used Pirelli soft tires to set the fifth best time of the day.

"This was my first opportunity to drive the FW36 and I learnt a lot about how to drive these new look cars which are very different to previous seasons," she said. "With last year's car the harder you pushed the faster you went, but now you have to manage certain elements a lot more. The cars also have a lot more torque which was a steep learning curve, and this caught me out at the beginning of the session.

"Overall today was a productive day for the team and we worked very well together to quickly complete our planned aero and mechanical evaluations. I was then able to get some good mileage under my belt to understand the characteristics of the car and how to get the most out of this new style of power unit."

Chief Test and Support Engineer Rod Nelson said: "We had a very productive day today, with Susie performing some aero test work and control systems testing and we completed our planned testing program on schedule this morning. The focus this afternoon was then on giving Susie the time in the car she needs to understand the intricacies of the FW36 and to get a feel for how the new look regulations have changed the car's behavior."